JTS JTS has made their own Beeman R9 (HW95) for $150?!?

I hope that break barrel is a good gun. With so much junk out there unless you drop some serious coin, it would be nice to have a gun to recommend to those who aren’t psychotic about airguns. They just want a tin of pellets and a decent scope to plink with. And no major hit to their credit card.

1000% agree.

It could do good things for the airgun nerdverse as a whole by getting more people exposed to something decent shooting right out of the gate.

So, if the parts/guns are indeed “Made in China”, why on earth even consider one. Junk steel, wood and plastics. Not to mention, clearly no friend.
I'd rather see anyone buy a half decent Chinese break barrel that's a copy of a proven German design, over a pile of crap oversprung plastic nitro ram gun any day.

The old B26s (R9 copy) and Ruger Airhawks (D34 copy) were better shooting guns with better triggers than the Crosmans and Gamos.

I built a couple of the Airhawks for new guys back in the day when they were $100 at WalMart. Clean and relube the insides and add a choke to the barrel and they would shoot great and could be rebuilt if you ever wore it out.

I don't care for Chinese, and I don't buy their junk, but if we can get a guy started in airguns with something wood and steel that actually works for a change, then so be it.

I'll always suggest they buy quality right out of the gate. But convincing them that a $450 gun that needs work out of the box, is better than a $150 gun that needs work out of the box, is a bit of a tough pill to convince them to swallow.

Owned an XS25 fully done by Mike at Flying Dragon and absolutely no complaints. Same fit/finish as the 34? nope, but it shot just as well as the 34's I do have. LtDan now owns that rifle and don't think he had any complaints about how it shot either.
Mr. Whitney is a member here using the name @GTA1, maybe he'll see the thread and chime in and offer to send a bunch of us free springers to road test and keep when we're done.

Reactions: markhooper
So, if the parts/guns are indeed “Made in China”, why on earth even consider one. Junk steel, wood and plastics. Not to mention, clearly no friend.
Well, well why consider one ?

Fantastic guns coming out of China, some of the best

also fantastic while cheap Handpumps, compressors coming out of China that made the PCP experience much more easy for many, many people.

And having said all that if you take all China products off the shelves America would collapse and you probably have a revolution, this country is basically relying on Chinese products across the spectrum of what normal people buy on a day to day base.

I do like the Pic rail adapter on top of a trim dovetail comp. tube. They will undoubtedly delete that feature before introduction, but it adds versatility in sighting. I hope for the best. The only experience I have with JTS is their pellets (VERY positive) and one Aracuda max that works flawlessly and is accurate.

I do not for one minute expect a world class BB for $149.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I do like the Pic rail adapter on top of a trim dovetail comp. tube. They will undoubtedly delete that feature before introduction, but it adds versatility in sighting. I hope for the best. The only experience I have with JTS is their pellets (VERY positive) and one Aracuda max that works flawlessly and is accurate.

I do not for one minute expect a world class BB for $149.
My 25s shoot lights out with JTS dead center pellets. Better than with JSB/FX/AA pellets. I always get a flier or two with the jsb, not with the JTS. Their skirts are more uniform from tin to tin.

Had the random thought while I was at work....Wanna do something that will possibly generate even more interest? Make them in .20 caliber to go with the .177 and .22. Fans of the caliber, both in the US and in Europe, would love to see something new in .20 come to market and while you're at it, build some new PCP's in the caliber too.

Had the random thought while I was at work....Wanna do something that will possibly generate even more interest? Make them in .20 caliber to go with the .177 and .22. Fans of the caliber, both in the US and in Europe, would love to see something new in .20 come to market and while you're at it, build some new PCP's in the caliber too.
pm me, id be happy to rebarrel it to 20 caliber. you would just have to help me locate the correct parts for the project.
I have a full machine shop in the garage.. old and not CNC or even digital but it's still in great shape.., it's interesting, I'm disabled and retired and my lathe was around before me, got it when I was 15 from a old retired machinest and it was his personal toy for home
Mark

pm me, id be happy to rebarrel it to 20 caliber. you would just have to help me locate the correct parts for the project.
I have a full machine shop in the garage.. old and not CNC or even digital but it's still in great shape.., it's interesting, I'm disabled and retired and my lathe was around before me, got it when I was 15 from a old retired machinest and it was his personal toy for home
Mark
Would be interesting since I have a Turk built Webley Tomahawk in .22 (3 of them actually) that was bought just to re-barrel in .20 caliber. Got the idea because once upon a time, Hatsan actually made a .20 caliber rifle for Webley called the Valuemax. At $100-$150, it was an inexpensive way to get into at least trying the caliber and one of the few things Hatsan actually did an excellent job making since they were very accurate rifles.
As far JTS, there are fans of the caliber that would love to see even one company come out (or back out) with a new rifle in .20 and since they're now making pellets, they could jump in and add a couple weights and styles to go with it...lol.

AND PULEEEZ JTS make a dome and a wadcutter in .20.

FX should make .20 STX Liners and a .20 Probe for the Dreamline. I'd play with that!
:ROFLMAO:
With the new .20 cal slugs now on the market, could be quite a bit of fun.
AND PULEEEZ JTS make a dome and a wadcutter in .20.
That was exactly the idea. Want to be a presence on the market? Start paying attention to the forums and start making a few things shooters would like to see come back and NOT just PCP related.