JTS Deadcenter ammo .20 cal

JTS

Manufacturer
Jun 26, 2023
Its NICE to see those of us who are into the .20 and its performance abilities in FT and other shooting aspects. My question is this. What weights of .20 cal ammo would you like to see and what styles of pellets? Its unfortunate we get almost NO requests from dealers for any ammo or guns in the .20 cal variety but if we as a group do our part to convince these dealers I think we could do a run of guns also. So question two is. What type of .20 cal guns would you like to see? So everyone should know we are currently looking at .20 cal ammo designs and will likely produce them as there are very limited in stores and varieties . Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
Its NICE to see those of us who are into the .20 and its performance abilities in FT and other shooting aspects. My question is this. What weights of .20 cal ammo would you like to see and what styles of pellets? Its unfortunate we get almost NO requests from dealers for any ammo or guns in the .20 cal variety but if we as a group do our part to convince these dealers I think we could do a run of guns also. So question two is. What type of .20 cal guns would you like to see? So everyone should know we are currently looking at .20 cal ammo designs and will likely produce them as there are very limited in stores and varieties . Thanks again everyone.
I shoot the H&N match .20 @ 11.42

Similar to JSB 13.73 and 15.89 weights and shapes. Also a lighter diabolo say 11.42 and heavier diabolo say 18 ish and 21 ish Semi Domed would be interesting also!
As far as guns a nice light hunter carbine would be great as well as a heavy benchrest PCP rifle. 12 foot pound pistol:D All with LW barrels!
Thx
Dan

Would love to see some competition for the JSB 13.73 and 15.89. And by competition I mean less $$$, but similar performance.

But also VERY interested in an even heavier pellet. I think 22-23grains would be about the max, for length, before typical barrel twist rates become a problem for the length. So a .20 pellet in the 20-23grain area. Take a look at the skirt of the new JSB .22 Grands for ideas on a way to increase weight without increasing length much (VERY shallow skirt). I think a domed .20 pellet weighing 20-23 grains COULD be an amazing long range option. In theory it should have a pretty high BC.

Wadcutters in something like 10.5 to 11.5 and a heavier version between 13-14? Domes, a +1 to what Motorhead suggested.
Rifles? You're bringing a couple new springers to market, just add .20 to go with your .177 and .22 offerings.
PCP's? Don't own one in .20 yet, but while I own a few tactical look rifles, be nice to see something more traditional in looks too. Take a hard look at the now extinct Daystate Huntsman Regal. Big shame Daystate stopped making them, they were excellent rifles and must be since they're a rifle owners won't part with.
Couple ideas for you anyway.....

Skimmed through the comments and looks like many want a lighter .20, I presume for flatter trajectory for field target, and for flatter trajectory of modestly powered springers like the HW50s. I'm on board with that.

So how bout bookend the current JSB weights.....they've got .20/13.73 and .20/15.89. So how bout JTS offerings in .20/11-12gr? And .20/19-22gr?

Reactions: W.Sheid and L.Leon