JTS dead center pellets ?

JTS Dead Center .25 cal 150ct tin at Pyramyd: $9.99 -> 6.7 cents per pellet
JSB .25 cal 350ct tin at Trenier: $16.49 -> 4.7 cents per pellet

Even using Pyramyd's buy 3 get 1 free--which is a big ask to commit to 4 tins of a newcomer just to try them out--the JTS are still more expensive than JSB.

These pellets were presented with the goal of being as good as JSB but less expensive. I wonder what happened.

Curious to know how many pellets will be run through each mold? Many of us need/want consistency so it would be a shame for the JTS pellets to build a great reputation but then go down hill like the Crosman Premiers.

Lastly, somewhat off topic but aren’t you/JTS worried about the machines being run during the “night shift” and winding up on Aliexpress?

-Marty

Glad to see they finally hit some shelves. Had just checked pyramid the other day and nothing there yet. The prices at these places are all marketing hype. Trenier vs PA at least for my location comes out to virtually the same price for 4 tins shipped. I will probably go out on a limb and try some. Not really sure why when JSB are a tenth of a cent cheaper and proven.

JTS Dead Center .25 cal 150ct tin at Pyramyd: $9.99 -> 6.7 cents per pellet
JSB .25 cal 350ct tin at Trenier: $16.49 -> 4.7 cents per pellet

Even using Pyramyd's buy 3 get 1 free--which is a big ask to commit to 4 tins of a newcomer just to try them out--the JTS are still more expensive than JSB.

These pellets were presented with the goal of being as good as JSB but less expensive. I wonder what happened.

I wonder if that's just a retailer comparison though? Trenier has consistently had better pellet pricing than Pyramyd across the board. If you compare strictly PA:

JTS .22 18.1 - 250ct - $9.99 - 4¢/pellet
JSB .22 18.13 - 250ct - $14.99 - 6¢/pellet
JSB .22 18.13 - 500ct - $22.99 - 4.6¢/pellet

Now, I compared the .22 since I have a .22 airgun. JTS selling the .25 in 150ct tins is odd, but maybe they wanted their tins priced at $9.99 so they set qty accordingly.

I'll be interested to see if Trenier gets JTS pellets so we have that comparison as well.

Last edited:
Yeah if we limit the comparison to Pyramyd and only small quantity tins, the comparison between JTS and JSB looks more favorable. However we all know JSB's 250ct tins (.22 cal) are a poor value compared to the 500ct tins, meaning any price-conscious customer will not be comparing the JTS price to an inflated JSB price. So if the decision by JTS to sell only small quantity tins is producing an inflated per-pellet price, I think they missed their stated goal of JSB quality at a lower price.

So far have SHOT the 18.1 in .22 and the 25.4 in .25 ...... Very very pleased !!!

IMO the sour grapes that some have for a person working for JTS has nothing to do with the products there selling.
These China pellets are the real deal and shoot as well if not better than JSB ... really.
Definitely agree. Looking forward to try those as well.

I agree, that tends to be true for Pyramyd so long as we get all tins from the same price bracket. Since the free tin is the lowest priced one, there is a disincentive for those who want to buy a mix of $20 tins and $10 tins.
Yea been caught by that myself ... Order a bunch of 500 count and then some others that are 250 ... the free tins were the less expensive 250's ... Burned there for sure !!

Got my .25 JTS pellets today. Package nicely from pyramid air.
I inspected a few tins, and they really look nice and very clean. Went right to the scale and weighed two full tins. Tin 1 - 152, Tin 2 - 155 pellets.
I weigh and shoot a lot of JSB,AA,FX 25.4’s. I have a 380mm liner in my Crown that just devours JSB’s with fantastic accuracy.
After weighing 2 tins of the JTS pellets I am thoroughly impressed. Much tighter weight range than JSB,AA,FX 25.4’s I’ve weighed.

I know, consistent weight means nothing if they don’t shot well, but starting out with consistent weights certainly doesn’t hurt.
I plan to get a few tins down range in the next few day.

7E2CF786-28CD-40C6-B8A6-08DB935371EE.png

Also understood Travis Started the "Air Gun Guild" forum prior to the GTA thing. It failed to gain traction and was transfered to someone else who appears to be running it to this day.
Yeah. I built out the forum, maintained and customized it with (for) Travis (for zip) . Then one day he sold it to Alan. I found this out from Alan not Travis (OldePro).

I continued to maintain the forum and Alan took good care of me the whole time. Alan is a good man, and has honor.

Now Steelhead and I own it. It’s quiet, no fussing and OldePro is banned. :)

Reactions: oledawg
Good lord. I just tried to join that airgun guild. What you have to go through to register is literally GAF!! Um no. I have no idea why anyone puts up with that. He probably did right getting rid of that turd. Lol.
Obviously you’ve never dealt with robots, and humans who try to inject malware or ads into a forum.

One time I rescued a Diesel Truck forum that had zero vetting of new members. Over night it got infiltrated by bad bots that were auto approved. The bots filled up all the various boards with pic and ads for “marital aids.” It took me days to rescue the real content and erase the spam pic, and ban several hundred thousand bad bots. I finally had to resort to banning complete regions of the world.

So pardon the hoops.

My Diana 54 in .22 loves JTS pellets. I shot 3, 5 shot groups on a row at 20 meters this week than measured under .100. The groups are round. I like round groups. This is with the 16.01. With a scale that measures to .02 the are the most consistent pellets I have weighed, not even close from any others. The 18.01 version has been my best 100 yard pellet shooting under 2.0 often, down to 1.3 in. I have not even tried tuning the gun too them, they are the best using the current tune. I just ordered a BUNCH from PA. Clean and shiny.

Reactions: rsfrid
Obviously you’ve never dealt with robots, and humans who try to inject malware or ads into a forum.

One time I rescued a Diesel Truck forum that had zero vetting of new members. Over night it got infiltrated by bad bots that were auto approved. The bots filled up all the various boards with pic and ads for “marital aids.” It took me days to rescue the real content and erase the spam pic, and ban several hundred thousand bad bots. I finally had to resort to banning complete regions of the world.

So pardon the hoops.
I have a hard time remembering what I had for dinner last night so it was almost impossible to remember what my post was even about. Had to do some reading with in this thread to sort of figure it out. I don’t particularly remember trying to join that forum but I will say I did join AGN and GTA and it was easy as silk so ……🤷‍♂️

The 22 cal 22 and 25.4g are preorder only?? Will these ever be on the shelf available for purchase?? Ive been on Pre order with Utah air, and now Pyramid as well for quite a while… I shoot N50 and would like to try em, but so far… they arent very obtainable… hate to get tuned to shoot em, and then poof… they all gone… Any input from mfr on why the delays???

The 22 cal 22 and 25.4g are preorder only?? Will these ever be on the shelf available for purchase?? Ive been on Pre order with Utah air, and now Pyramid as well for quite a while… I shoot N50 and would like to try em, but so far… they arent very obtainable… hate to get tuned to shoot em, and then poof… they all gone… Any input from mfr on why the delays???
That's what I've found ever since this thread started. As much as I'd like to give them a try in my preferred caliber and weight I don't see the point of shooting and tuning for them if they are hard to actually have in my hands.

Reactions: Ricochet