JTS Dead Center Pellet, pretty impressive stuff

I see both points of view but I feel like mentioning some controversial things.

I'll start with that I'm a patriot and my father served in the US airforce retiring as a full colonel.

Here's some things to ponder.
Those factories that make foreign products are full of normal people from top to bottom which must work to provide for their families like we here in the USA do.
It's not their fault that their Oligarch controllers are corrupt anymore than it is our fault here under a slightly less contorted regime. And if you don't understand that our controllers are just as corrupt to the core you should research it at alternate media sites. A good reminder of our elites corruption is to look up who is on the Jeffry Epstein pedo Island list "as a start". This is just the tip of a massive iceberg of corruption in every way possible that can be imagined.

I find it odd that people who support countries that have killed many Americans in past wars feel nothing about buying their products yet condemn US citizens for buying Chinese products??

Ok would I buy 100% USA made products if the product was somewhat higher in price, sure I would, and have, BUT it better at least be the equivalent if not superior. Yes I have done this and I was mostly happy with some of those products.
However I can think of some products that were severe disappointments so I will never buy from those USA company's again. This is the same reason why I started buying Nissan and Toyota vehicles back in the 80's because the comparable American cars were poorly built in comparison resulting in extensive repair costs and too much time at the mechanics.

It also stands to reason that since many of us are of medium incomes we cannot afford to buy a bunch of products that cost more than what we can afford, right?

The US citizens and the citizens of the world are in this together so I choose not to embargo the regular citizen because of their leaders.

Last edited:
The question I have is: what’s the BC? Without higher BC then it’s pointless unless it’s as cheap as Crosman, which it is not!

When they going to make a .177 pellet with Higher BC than JSB in the same weight range?
It is really hard to do that. Skirt has to be thicker or waist has to be larger, look at the JSB Heavies for an example. At some point it is smarter to just go to a bullet.

Reactions: qball
It is really hard to do that. Skirt has to be thicker or waist has to be larger, look at the JSB Heavies for an example. At some point it is smarter to just go to a bullet.

Agreed but with some clever engineering I’m sure a little better BC can be found at same weight range.

To be competitive as a new product there has to be some distinct advantage or why bother. If it is not better in BC, better in consistency and better in price then I don’t see everyone ignore the cache of pellets we all have to try a new pellet that’s not cheaper or better.

Reactions: JungleShooter
I mean that's fair enough somebody can probably improve on the BC a tiny little bit. But it pays to remember that the Diablo pellets been around for more than 120 years. Simple trial and error would produce a nearly optimal design in a period that long. Other words sure you can make it better how much do you want to pay for your pellets?

That's supply chain more than anything else. Remember how easy it was to get pellets BEFORE some clever Harvard grad decided to offshore manufacturing?
I remember that guy.
He singlehandedly forced all those American manufacturers to outsource their production.
And THEN
Insisted they hide their profits overseas as well.

Reactions: OldSpook
The basic diabolo pellet shape will always be high drag and thus low BC. Flares are easy to make, but high drag is the payoff. You can reduce the drag by getting fancy and making holes in the flare to reduce the base drag. The bigger the hole, the more the drag is reduced, until you end up with fins which have the lowest drag of the lot. Of course, the holes have to be filled with something in the gun, or the pellet head needs to provide the gas seal in the barrel.

The basic diabolo pellet shape will always be high drag and thus low BC. Flares are easy to make, but high drag is the payoff. You can reduce the drag by getting fancy and making holes in the flare to reduce the base drag. The bigger the hole, the more the drag is reduced, until you end up with fins which have the lowest drag of the lot. Of course, the holes have to be filled with something in the gun, or the pellet head needs to provide the gas seal in the barrel.
Now there is an interesting idea. https://www.bing.com/search?q=fin+s...c=10-14&cvid=7324a3a6e28d45aa8ad50aa81cf2210c
😂 Basically a lead flechette. If you could get it to shoot straight it would go a long way, really flat.

Last edited:
Sure would be nice if companies had a system to have one pellet from each mold in the die deposited into its own container.

That way each pellet will be as close to next one in a tin instead of pellets from all the molds of the die being in the tin all being slightly different.

Also it'd be nice if there was slightly more hardness given to the lead mixture so pellets don't get damaged so much in packaging and shipment.
what is the ballistic coefficient of jts dead center .25 cal 29.63 grain pellet? Could not find it anywhere online !

the JTS pellets don't compare to JSB pellets in any of my airguns.
but, i hunt with them and that might be the difference of my opinion.
i have tried them all thats offered and i'm not impressed.
75% JSB, 15% H&N & 10% for Zan slugs for my small bores, and i hand cast for my big boys....:sneaky:
The JTS pellets don't compare to JSB pellets in what way? And what do the percents that you show for three manufacturers mean?

what is the ballistic coefficient of jts dead center .25 cal 29.63 grain pellet? Could not find it anywhere online !
As two pallets getting damaged in shipping, you need to insist that the seller properly pack the pallets. The solution is not redesign the pallet. The solution is properly pack the pallets for shipping from the dealer.