• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JTS JTS AIRACUDA STANDARD .22 Owners!

Dog

Jul 22, 2023
Moved!

Got mine today after saying no no..ignore.

What are your hammer spring settings for your best shot string, turns out?

Angie at GTX presented this shot string at two full turns out “strangler” at 5:

11:11 on her video.

I’m waiting on new scope Thursday to check these results. Aired rifle up to check for slow leaks. Two test shots, rifle very quiet but spring or ping noise still present. Not an issue, for me, as long as it’s quiet in stock form.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Another Video recommended unscrewing the Screw until Flush. Then turn it back in 5 turns. Other Viideos recommend the same, but to experiment. Maybe 4 or so. Good Luck! I get Mine Tomorrow!
That was how mine came, fully out flush with end of frame. Angie starts fully turned in, then backs out two full turns, no mention who turned it fully in. I liked her results with the JSB 18 which I already have. She has another video testing pellets and slugs, with the same .22. These videos can save you some bucks and time, no? Nothing in the owner's manual about using and setting the hammer spring! Enjoy!

I Have my hammer spring turned out flush. shootin on number 4 its shooting well over 800fps. and i get like 90 shots! love it and super acuarate. ENJOY the aircuda , there awesome!!! im getn 2-3 pellet size holes at 33 yds. shootn off knee ,and 1/2" at 47 yds. HN 14.66s ps. the pinging is part of the package. PSS WARNING!!! take out one of the itty bitty trigger screws and take to hardware store and get some that are twice as long. the ones that come with are WAY TO SMALL and will fall in the trigger. only gripe i have about the aircuda!:)

@ Joshua777 You say you turned or hammer adjuster came flush like mine? I turned hammer all in then three full turns out. LOL, the pinging was supposed to have been fixed by several test sites but ok by me, just amplified next to house. Looks like you got them HNs well trained. Getting much same grouping at 35 yards but with 3 scattered 1/2" fliers on first four test clips of 10 using 18gr JSB as per above site. I only noted 3k to 2k psi on the nose from gauge. Chrony work later in week. Got assortment box of sub mm screws for old repair projects. Thx!

Reactions: Joshua777
Standards PING generally and it has little to do with hammer spring settings. Air Tube Ping is what most hear.
If said Standard has an air tube "De-Pinger" and some twang is noted, take out hammer spring and place a slight bend in it mid spring.
This bend will create spring cant having spring bias against the hammer bore as well guide and in most cases substantially reducing spring created noise.

get those slightly longer trigger sear adjustment screws. you can get the trigger down very sweetly! :) congrads guys my first PCP and im very happy with it, VERY!!! Couple days ago shootin off the frt. of pickup. at 37 yds. saw a 1" winged ant running from right to left. shot and missed ,then he turned towards me and started hauling ass! led him and squeezed! nailed him running at 37 yds. love my aircuda! :)

• Wow
Reactions: mandn
Also ... One can put in a regulator having the standard operate very similar to the max with added benefit of external power adjusting via the transfer restriction knob.

I have done this to my early STD in .22 cal. It runs wide open on adjuster about 28 fpe and makes 5 magazines on a 3K fill.
LOVES Crosman 14.3 or JSB 15.9 weights set up as such. Very accurate & very quiet.
Does have an SSG anti-hammer bounce devise however ;) along with a custom stock :love:

12.jpg

Last edited:
Also ... One can put in a regulator having the standard operate very similar to the max with added benefit of external power adjusting via the transfer restriction knob.

I have done this to my early STD in .22 cal. It runs wide open on adjuster about 28 fpe and makes 5 magazines on a 3K fill.
LOVES Crosman 14.3 or JSB 15.9 weights set up as such. Very accurate & very quite.
Does have an SSG anti-hammer bounce devise however ;) along with a custom stock :love:

View attachment 464752
Nice! Love the Stock as well!

LOVES Crosman 14.3 or JSB 15.9 weights set up as such. Very accurate & very quite.

View attachment 464752
Need your kit price! ;) Saw your post on Firewaker's thread, throws some good ideas on the Standard. Your stock looks familiar to one I was thinking of to save weight on my Gauntlet .25.

Need your kit price! ;) Saw your post on Firewaker's thread, throws some good ideas on the Standard. Your stock looks familiar to one I was thinking of to save weight on my Gauntlet .25.
I've ONLY shown folks "How-Too" make an SSG device as well other mods .... I DO NOT sell a kit or ANY parts for self tuners or installation.
Send a rifle to me ... Skys the limit !!! Tho on an inexpensive rifle as these are .. not practical what so ever :cry:

Broke out Chrony today to see what my new “Strangler” would give me. I used the already on hand 18.13 JSB that my Talon SS hated. Hammer full 3 turns out with flow on 5 wide open.

Only did three clips for this “hunting curve” All 30 inside a penny but don’t think squirrel would care? Target shows clip 1 and clip 3 only. Shots pulled in clip 3 trying to follow black marker aim point. I did three separate chrony logs to break down the non regulated shot spread.

I did receive two clips that have white dot on them to monitor when near empty, heakava spring on them, no?

rifle.jpg

Hunting curve.png

clip 1.jpg

3rd clip 30 shots.jpg