JTS JTS Airacuda shot count and power - calling all JTS owners!

Mufasa,
Early Max .25 YouTube reviewers reported higher PSI reservoir fill limits, and subsequently higher shot counts, than new owners found when guns arrived. Expecting 30 shots, the 3200 PSI fill limit, only allowed slightly over 20 before falling off regulator. Check out the 13-page thread, "Airacuda Updates," in the archives (start @ Page 7) for further information. Might even search "Airacuda," under WorriedMan, I'm sure I commented on it. Max .30 has 3500 PSI fill limit @ 14 shots per fill, magazine holds 7. Thomas T is selling his .22 Max, stating mainly for 30 shot count, he needs higher. WM

Last edited:
Been thru h*** and high water with my Max, the assembler never tightened stack bolt down on air stripper/baffle stack in shroud. Gun loud as .22 PB, pellet clipping, and spiral flight meant no accuracy. Tried everything, finally, after several months, Firewalker suggested switching shroud end to end to see if less warped, discovered stack bolt problem. Accuracy is good now with JSB 25.39s @ 50 yds. and much quieter. Haven't used chronograph yet, still testing to see if accuracy holds. WM

Curious to see maximum fill capacity of Max .30 is 3500 psi, same as quoted by early Max .25 YouTube reviewers, providing 30 "on reg" shots per fill. Has JTS modified the air tube assembly, or has it been safe to operate @ 3500 psi, all along? At 3200 psi max fill, as noted for Max .25, the Max .30 would struggle to break 10-shots per fill, not a great selling point. :unsure: WM

I am curious as to what the shot count is like on the JTS Airacuda (Max).

For all owners of the .22/.25/.30 cal…I’d appreciate if you could give some numbers for shot count and power. Also, what is your accuracy like?

Thanks
Hello @Mufasa

I am shooting the Airacuda MAX .22 cal and getting 30 solid shots per fill. I am a bit conservative because I only fill to 3,000, not to 3,200, and shoot down to around 2,000. Accuracy is very good within this range.

ThomasT

Reactions: L.Leon and Maizen
My .22 max

Screenshot from 2023-10-29 22-13-56.png

Screenshot from 2023-10-29 22-11-34.png

aircudamax.jpg

Mufasa,
Early Max .25 YouTube reviewers reported higher PSI reservoir fill limits, and subsequently higher shot counts, than new owners found when guns arrived. Expecting 30 shots, the 3200 PSI fill limit, only allowed slightly over 20 before falling off regulator. Check out the 13-page thread, "Airacuda Updates," in the archives (start @ Page 7) for further information. Might even search "Airacuda," under WorriedMan, I'm sure I commented on it. Max .30 has 3500 PSI fill limit @ 14 shots per fill, magazine holds 7. Thomas T is selling his .22 Max, stating mainly for 30 shot count, he needs higher. WM
Yeah that’s what I was trying to figure out…it’s a mix of information. Thanks for the info.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Nice color and sheen, I'll have to dig my bottle out and give her a try.

JTS issues; Travis Whitney does not like to admit that the quality control on aspects of the Airacuda was absent. The clipping issue is one of those issues that was never resolved.

In my case, barrel bend, poor crowning, shroud (banana shaped) bend, shroud end angle, poor shroud threading, poor 1/2X20 UNF adapter threading and fit up, poor adapter to shroud fit up all contributed to heavy clipping out of the box with any moderator attached.

The remedy this, I had to square up the shroud faces, make a new moderator adapter, straighten the barrel a little on the barrel tree, put an S in the shroud (no more banana) and reassembled with a .22 rod protruding from the barrel giving me a guide for alignment.

About 20 hours overall to get her to shoot and I haven't even touched the bore.

The moderator adapter tightened on the shroud gave the gun several thou (notes are at home) runout, the work I did was just to align all the parts.

These are good guns and with a true barrel that is threaded for a moderator, they would be lifetime guns.

Combining least out-of-round shroud end with $50 DonnyFL adapter, found consistent accuracy, at the cost of sound moderation. Photo depicts only moderation success not affecting accuracy. Seven-inch .30 (STO) FALX shell, with plastic internal section, drilled to .50, from 4" (STO) PUGIO .30 moderator, with M14 (1/2" opening) exit end cap replacing OEM .30 one. Initial testing positive for good sound moderation with accuracy. Still jumping thru hoops to correct MAX failings, after more than a year of ownership, looks like, at least, this chapter is ending. WM
IMG_20231217_120537.jpg

Reactions: Jeffthetech
Combining least out-of-round shroud end with $50 DonnyFL adapter, found consistent accuracy, at the cost of sound moderation. Photo depicts only moderation success not affecting accuracy. Seven-inch .30 (STO) FALX shell, with plastic internal section, drilled to .50, from 4" (STO) PUGIO .30 moderator, with M14 (1/2" opening) exit end cap replacing OEM .30 one. Initial testing positive for good sound moderation with accuracy. Still jumping thru hoops to correct MAX failings, after more than a year of ownership, looks like, at least, this chapter is ending. WMView attachment 416390
You must have got a real dud.

Last summer my buddy handed me a Max .25 out of the box to go over and refine if necessary. He also handed me a Donny mod. It shot pellets at pellet speeds and was very accurate. Shot count was around 30. I never touched a thing. He mentioned upping the power to shoot slugs when I gave it back to him. I said buy another gun. This is a pellet gun.

You must have got a real dud.
No argument here, victim of poor assembly AND generic problems. Completed second round of testing on pictured moderator, looks like accuracy and sound problems are resolved. Contacted Terminador Industries about considering a synthetic stock for the MAX, just like they've done for Avenger and Gauntlet, no response yet. Would be worth it to trim a few pounds and address the stock bolt issue. WM

No argument here, victim of poor assembly AND generic problems. Completed second round of testing on pictured moderator, looks like accuracy and sound problems are resolved. Contacted Terminador Industries about considering a synthetic stock for the MAX, just like they've done for Avenger and Gauntlet, no response yet. Would be worth it to trim a few pounds and address the stock bolt issue. WM
Hey if you would let me know about the Synthetic stock. I would like mine to lose a few pounds too. That's another reason I keep going back to my Dar gen 3 cause its lighter,smaller in size and is just as accurate.

Hey if you would let me know about the Synthetic stock. I would like mine to lose a few pounds too. That's another reason I keep going back to my Dar gen 3 cause its lighter,smaller in size and is just as accurate.
Will update on any response from Terminador Industries. BuckRail talked of a MAX synthetic stock, just like it did for Airacuda Standard, only crickets since. Born in the same place, DAR Generation 3 clearly outshines its younger sibling. Maybe, someday, an Airacuda MAX (Generation 2) will make things right, doubt $420 price tag, though. WM

Well, I get right at 40 shots before acurracy is gone. 3200 psi does pretty good. I had pellet clipping at first, but I aligned the stack in the shroud,tightened it and now it’s a tack driver.
Yeah, like Vetmx's experience and yours just needing a tweak, some are fine. Some were worse than mine with bad leaks and cross-threaded gauges right out-of-the-box. Hope a synthetic, lightweight aftermarket stock, not too expensive, that firmly supports action, is not too far away. WM