• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JTS JTS Airacuda shot count and power - calling all JTS owners!

Yeah, like Vetmx's experience and yours just needing a tweak, some are fine. Some were worse than mine with bad leaks and cross-threaded gauges right out-of-the-box. Hope a synthetic, lightweight aftermarket stock, not too expensive, that firmly supports action, is not too far away. WM
That would be nice if they did.

Reactions: WorriedMan
BOTH my Airacuda's ( STD .22 and a MAX .22 ) received a fair amount of massaging to get the best Accuracy & Operation from them.
If able to use Facebook ? this work was well documented as well on the GTA forum.
As they sit today in there highly altered state 🤪

They both shoot exceptionally well ... Out of the box not so much :cautious:

11.jpg

33.jpg

Well, I get right at 40 shots before acurracy is gone. 3200 psi does pretty good. I had pellet clipping at first, but I aligned the stack in the shroud,tightened it and now it’s a tack driver.
You said tack driver so what is it grouping like and at what distance? I also have a max 22 cal. I'm hoping to improve my groups also.

You said tack driver so what is it grouping like and at what distance? I also have a max 22 cal. I'm hoping to improve my groups also.
At 30 yds it pellet on pellet. One ragged hole. At 50 yds it’s about 1/4 in group.haven’t stretched it out farther. Don’t have the room..Grass.

BOTH my Airacuda's ( STD .22 and a MAX .22 ) received a fair amount of massaging to get the best Accuracy & Operation from them.
If able to use Facebook ? this work was well documented as well on the GTA forum.
As they sit today in there highly altered state 🤪

They both shoot exceptionally well ... Out of the box not so much :cautious:

View attachment 416760

View attachment 416766
Motorhead would you help point me in the direction of your documented work so i can learn what might help my accuracy?

Mufasa,
Early Max .25 YouTube reviewers reported higher PSI reservoir fill limits, and subsequently higher shot counts, than new owners found when guns arrived. Expecting 30 shots, the 3200 PSI fill limit, only allowed slightly over 20 before falling off regulator. Check out the 13-page thread, "Airacuda Updates," in the archives (start @ Page 7) for further information. Might even search "Airacuda," under WorriedMan, I'm sure I commented on it. Max .30 has 3500 PSI fill limit @ 14 shots per fill, magazine holds 7. Thomas T is selling his .22 Max, stating mainly for 30 shot count, he needs higher. WM
I just got the .25 Max a few days ago and haven't had much time to play, however I have noticed though it is stamped clearly for 3200psi max fill that it starts pissing air and won't charge past 2850psi! Is this a common theme?

Last edited:
I just got the .25 Max a few days ago and haven't had much time to play, however I have noticed though it is stamped clearly for for 3200psi max fill that it starts pissing air and won't charge past 2850psi! Is this a common theme?
No, not that I've heard, filling to 3200psi is not a problem. Can you determine where air is leaking? WM

It seems to be coming from the plenum, maybe the back of tank.....kinda hard to tell with noise from compressor! I was hot to trot with these when they first came out but it took months due to shut downs so I decided to wait until they ironed out the kinks, guess I didn't wait long enough.
Thank you WorriedMan for the advice, I'm sure hoping that it is an easy fix!

Reactions: Jeffthetech