JTS Airacuda and Airacuda Max Introductions

Tell me about the transfer port adjustment, please. I am leaning toward the standard. 6'4" 275 big head so no use for cheek risers ;) the layout of the standard should suit me better. Would one find a "happy" spot in the tune , striker strength and port size and leave it alone or would you adjust the port size according to PSI onboard ? I have zero experience with strangle type port adjusters. I've only made ports bigger. ala QB 78 style rifles.

Tell me about the transfer port adjustment, please. I am leaning toward the standard. 6'4" 275 big head so no use for cheek risers ;) the layout of the standard should suit me better. Would one find a "happy" spot in the tune , striker strength and port size and leave it alone or would you adjust the port size according to PSI onboard ? I have zero experience with strangle type port adjusters. I've only made ports bigger. ala QB 78 style rifles.
Great question! To simplify the answer and not get into a four page instruction it depends on the pellet weight and velocity you want but their are two main adjustments the hammer spring adjuster and the TP strangler, a combination of the two adjustments will be the best way to get a flatter curve . As more people get their guns here shortly we will see the best adjustments for various pellet speeds and weight. HTH

Just to follow up from my last post. This particular gun will be used for mostly small game hunting.

My DAR G2 was a laser at 10m, hole in hole shooting at paper with CPHP's, many, many 200/200 19X cards but the suicide gauge and small lever made it an awful all-day shooter.

The DAR G3 in .22 should have been a great replacement but the barrel on the first one was not greased by Xisico and was rusty upon arrival and its replacement has magazine alignment issues so its going back again.

Considering that Xisico is making the JTS guns from the DAR design, I am hoping all of the improvements will make for a laser at 10m so I can get back to bench shooting with a thumb hole stock.

I'll post side by side pictures when it arrives to show the generational progress in this design.

If Travis is wise, he will continue to progress with this gun and help Xisico to grow.

My DAR G2 was a laser at 10m, hole in hole shooting at paper with CPHP's, many, many 200/200 19X cards but the suicide gauge and small lever made it an awful all-day shooter.

The DAR G3 in .22 should have been a great replacement but the barrel on the first one was not greased by Xisico and was rusty upon arrival and its replacement has magazine alignment issues so its going back again.

Considering that Xisico is making the JTS guns from the DAR design, I am hoping all of the improvements will make for a laser at 10m so I can get back to bench shooting with a thumb hole stock.

I'll post side by side pictures when it arrives to show the generational progress in this design.

If Travis is wise, he will continue to progress with this gun and help Xisico to grow.
Yes Sir! We made several design changes before production and are working on future models. More to come soon!!!

Yes Sir! We made several design changes before production and are working on future models. More to come soon!!!

Travis, I did drop the dime and got in on the pre-order for the .22 MAX. I hope to leave the DAR behind and work on amassing the JTS line with a goal of finding the next "forever" gun.

Bottom line though is FREAKIN PARTS!!!

We have been promised parts from every new variants seller but have NEVER had them materialize.

This will ultimately be a "put up or shut up" dilema once again.