JTS Airacuda and Airacuda Max Introductions

I got my .22 MAX on Monday and have been putting it through it's paces. Ill post the good, the bad and the ugly in a day or two as I compile my review and share my findings. First off, the trigger is butta! BUTTA! I say!

The stock wood is also very nice but softer than I had hoped, perhaps some oil or maybe a super glue coat to toughen up the surface will help. The matte finish with the dark stain sure is pretty and modern. The grip is perfectly sized for my hands so it may be a touch small for others as I am Mr. Medium...

I got my .22 MAX on Monday and have been putting it through it's paces. Ill post the good, the bad and the ugly in a day or two as I compile my review and share my findings. First off, the trigger is butta! BUTTA! I say!

The stock wood is also very nice but softer than I had hoped, perhaps some oil or maybe a super glue coat to toughen up the surface will help. The matte finish with the dark stain sure is pretty and modern. The grip is perfectly sized for my hands so it may be a touch small for others as I am Mr. Medium...
You could also spray it with Polyurathane or Spar urathane

Reactions: Firewalker
I could but I dont like urethanes on my guns, they will gum over time with oils. Cyanoacrylates become acrylic once polymerized so the durability and surface hardness is much greater.
Look up Finnish one third gunstock wax. I make my own. One third boiled linseed oil, one third beeswax, one third turpentine. Heat up (outside) beeswax, BLO mix well. Remove from heat and add the turpentine, mix well and let cool. It will become pasty. Hand rub with gloves on then buff with a cotton cloth, repeat until desired result. The Finns used this on skis, boats and rifle stocks .

Look up Finnish one third gunstock wax. I make my own. One third boiled linseed oil, one third beeswax, one third turpentine. Heat up (outside) beeswax, BLO mix well. Remove from heat and add the turpentine, mix well and let cool. It will become pasty. Hand rub with gloves on then buff with a cotton cloth, repeat until desired result. The Finns used this on skis, boats and rifle stocks .

I like the sound of that. Matte or gloss?

It’s closer to matte. I played with the mix ratio, little more BLO and when rubbing the hotter it gets while rubbing the glossier it will be. One thing about it that I like is that your bare hand will still feel the grain in the wood, this is nice when position shooting. I use this on all of my surplus military rifles. I started using it on my Finnish Mosin rifles I shot in Vintage Service rifle matches and went on to use it on Garands , 1903 Springfields , everything with a wood stock.

I have a Max in .22 and a Standard in .25 on pre order with Pyramid . After two delays I am thinking of canceling the .22 max and sticking with just the .25 Standard. I already have some great shooting .22 PCP's. I want the .25 for more FPE , more of a pesting and varmint gun. I've been looking hard for some shot strings with the standard .25 cal . I have no experience with unregulated PCP's, close as I come is my Origin and it is set up for pesting now, 3000 to 2000 PSI, striker dead tight, 14.3 gr avg 968 fps for twenty shots. Anyone have strings for the .25 cal Standard Cuda ?

I have my JTS Standard in 22 cal pushing 44 plus ftlbs using H&N match pellets. Also tested 14.3 grain 1050 fps and 14gr H&N sniper light pellets at 1100fps. I tested 36 grain slugs at 730 fps Giving over 30 ftlbs at 100 yards. No need for 25 cal here. I would love to adapt a adjustable pressure regulator to the standard. To boost the slugs speed.

Screenshot_20230513-114724_ChairGun.jpg

I would love to adapt a adjustable pressure regulator to the standard. To boost the slugs speed.
Power comes with PRESSURE, FLOW and BARREL LENGTH.

In the case of a Airacuda standard ...
it operates at full fill pressure ( What ever it is at the time ) So MAX power comes at Max Pressure with enough hammer strike to open the valve enough.
Flow .. is limited to the transfer path size & dwell you can coax from the valve.
BARREL length is fixed ...
Regulated WILL NOT increase power, only consistency. And that generally at a reduced power output.

Last edited: