• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

JTS 25.4 on N50

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
Jeffrey gave me a tin of the JTS 25.4 pellets to try at Nationals. Took me 1/2 a tin to find how they needed to be shot but once I did they performed well at 50 in variable conditions from light to heavy holds outside the rings.

I don’t see them as any better than the FX pellets , although they certainly look a lot nicer.

Mike

IMG_1578.jpeg

Have you tried the 18 grain ? I have benn shooting them out of my vulcan 3 at high speed of 980S and scoring in the lower 240s I have tried the 18, 21, 22, and 25 gr and the vulcan likes the 18 gr best with the 22 gr next We have a once a month indoor 50 yard match at Piney Hill In Luray VA. Here is a target I aced at 35 yards in my yard . I can only get out to 35 in the yard

20230909_093106 (2).jpg

Reactions: Dairyboy
Jeffrey gave me a tin of the JTS 25.4 pellets to try at Nationals. Took me 1/2 a tin to find how they needed to be shot but once I did they performed well at 50 in variable conditions from light to heavy holds outside the rings.

I don’t see them as any better than the FX pellets , although they certainly look a lot nicer.

Mike

View attachment 385835

You know you are going to see a good N50 card, when almost all the sighter target bulls are ‘10’s.’ 😀 My sighters need a couple/few shots before I land a “10.”

Re. JTS .22 cal 25.39 pellets. I bought ten tins a while back from NEAG, and have tested them a few times now at 50 yards with the RAW HM1000x .22 HP. I shot around eight 5-shot groups and the average was about a half inch CTC group size on a light wind day outdoors. However, I get very similar results with the older deep cavity JSB or FX equivalents. At 100 yards, not so good for me. Still got some fliers and groups opened up.

I also noticed it was harder to chamber than the old JSB or FX branded MRDs. My guess is it could be due to the shallow cavity JTS harder alloy pellets. I almost thought my pellet probe was not aligned correctly when loading each pellet in my SST, because the cocking pressure was noticeably harder.

Have to agree, that the JTS is a good alternative, but I really didn’t experience any better accuracy at 50 yards. I did notice having much less bent skirts than JSB MRDs.

Tom