JTS .22 pellets from my Evol Mini

Been hearing about these JTS pellets for awhile and being very consistent pellets in weight and size. I figured that I might try some as I've had issues with JSB consistency in the past. Got them in today and very impressed with them. Love the small screw top tins better than the large press fit tins of JSBs. Pellets look perfect unlike my recent tin of JSB 15.9 where half are bent quite badly. Here's the 3 I got, left to right. 18.1gr, 21.53gr and 22.07gr.

20230915_143221.jpg

So initial shooting and I'm impressed. These are groups at 43yds off a rest. All 5 shot groups here's the FX 16gr which are my go to pellets for my Evol and the JTS 18gr.

20230915_173623.jpg

These are the 21gr and 22gr from JTS. Both have an extra shot which is the top right pellet for an aim point. The 21gr has 6 shots as I wasn't sure if the one to the left was a flyer or me pulling it so did an extra.

20230915_173641.jpg

So my Evol does seem to like these pellets. The 18gr might be my new go tos.

Next part I through them over the chronograph. I have the original FX Radar. I did it attached to the airgun, and then down at 43yds, 3 shot avg at each position. Here's my results:

FX 16gr - 895fps - 760fps
JTS 18gr - 850fps - 748fps
JTS 21gr - 772fps - 665fps
JTS 22gr - 770fps - 670fps

Based upon these numbers I have BC numbers on my gun with these speeds. YMMV. BTW conditions today were 85*F, 30" barometric, 40% humidity. And 782ft elevation.

FX 16gr - .037 which confirms what I've been using on Strelok for a year with no problems.

JTS 18gr - .045 these ones really surprised me

JTS 21gr - 0.35

JTS 22gr - 0.38

I'm at a loss on the heavier ones? I'll need to verify shooting at distance to see how accurate those numbers are. But I'm happy with how they all shoot! Hoping to try longer range tomorrow for groups.

It really likes those 18gr! Do you think the heavier ones might need a little more speed? I wonder if they can get to 850 if they might perform better.
Yeah it does! I'm thinking so? Not really sure why else they wouldn't be better other than my barrel just not liking them? You can really feel them when loading them compared to the 18gr or other pellets. Almost slug like. Could be larger diameter maybe. Should measure some.
Nice groups Dillon! Been eyeballing them especially the 21 & 22gr offerings.
Doesn't hurt to try them! Your RAW could really sling them!
Nice work Dillon. Curious if anyone has put the JTS .25’s thru the paces yet?
Good question I want to say maybe Centercut got some recently?? But not 100% sure.

Reactions: Ranchibi
My PP700 really likes AA 16 grain pellets, and it still does well with them. I wanted to try some JTS so I bought the 16.08gr. My groups from my usual shooting position with this rifle, window ledge support, shot the JTS better. My groups were half the size. I plan on putting it on the bench for testing in the next week.

The 16gr softness is on par with JSB in my opinion, at least closer to that side of the spectrum. I had an accident and the tin fell 2.t ft and it landed on some pellets that hit the ground first. The skits were very well mashed.

I’m shooting them slow at 630 fps

Reactions: Dairyboy
I tested the 18 grain Domes and the 21.5 Semidomes in my Weihrauch HW100S and both performed very well with the 18 grainers coming close to beating the 18 grain JSBs, which have been the best tested so far. There were a few pellets with wavy skirts in the 21.5s but no major flaws. The 18s were simply beautiful and looked like a catalog photo. JTS pellets appear to be excellent so far.

Reactions: Dairyboy