JSB VS FX pellet question ?

I have a 25cal Impact M3, 700mm barrel with superior heavy liner. I have been shooting JSB 33.9 grain MK11. They shoo1/2 " groups @ 50 yds aqnd 3/4 in groups @ 100 yds on a very calm day. The heavy liner shoots these pellets better than the standard superior liner. After 5 tins of (300 count) I am out pellets. I can't find them at any of the major dealers. UA has the FX 33.9 pellets in stock. Are these the same quality or better than the JSB counter part. I am aware that JSB makes their pellets, but i have heard some complain that the quality is not as good as JSB brand. Can anyone shed some light on this for me as I wanted to buy 10, 300 count tins.

While not the same grain that you speak of, I commonly use FX and AA brand pellets, which are both made by JSB. To me they work just as well in my rifles. They may have a different POI but this is easily adjusted via the scope of course. Many of the vendors still have both FX and AA in stock.

This in .22 and .25 calibers.

Hope this helps, shoot straight!

mike

Stealth,

Click on yellow ZAN Projectiles flag scrolling past at top of page. I have same M3 as you but standard liner and shoot JSB Exact King .25. (25.39 grain.) Had no ammo till noticed in November ZAN was now selling JSBs. These are my first two orders, average cost-per-pellet, .064 cents, including shipping. Arrived well packaged and fast. .30 caliber are for my Wildcat. WM
IMG_20211125_093127.1639014586.jpg

Stealth,

Zan Projectiles is a Slovenia based company, that's an AGN sponsor, that was just selling ZAN slugs, but recently began selling JSBs. The ship with DHL and package the pellets very well. AEAC is the video guy who toured the JSB and H&N factories. JSB makes pellets for FX, they just use the same die machine for the FX pellets to provide uniformity. Regular JSB pellets come from a number of different die machines, all making the same size pellet, but each machine might not be making pellets exactly like another. I'd strongly encourage watching the videos.

WM

Stealth,

When buying ammo, I always check the "to-my-door price," I pay per pellet. That is the complete price I paid to get the pellets in my hand divided by the number of pellets. The price per pellet for the JSBs shown in the above picture, are available for between .22-.25 cents on eBay and Amazon. My average cost from ZAN, shipping included was .064 per pellet. I prefer paying closer to a nickel per shot, than a quarter, but that's just me.

WM