• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB VS FX pellet question ?

My Avenger seems to like FX 25.4s a little better than 25.39 grain JSB Kings. But it could be I just shot a little better when I shot them. I think it also likes King Heavies better than MKIIs, never shot the heavier FXs. I have standardized the lighter FXs in this gun. But all these pellets shoot good enough to be very usable. If I could only find the JSBs I would buy them. My Avenger is very fussy about pellets compared to my other two PCPs. The differences between all these in my gun are not large.

I was hoping the JSB factory tour video is correct about using one die for FX pellets because it shoots really well in my Kalibrgun Argus. But just got my new shipments of FX 18.1 and the skirts are wider than the FX 18.1 gr pellets I bought about 2 months ago. I haven't have the opportunity to shoot the new FX pellets for accuracy. Hopes it shoots as well as the older pellets from 2 months ago. JSB definitely changed the die for FX 18.1 or now they use multiple dies for FX to keep up production and demand. 

I am sure the dies wears out but it would be great to know how often the die is changed for the FX pellets also. Once every 6 months, per year?

Per the video, my understanding was….there is no such thing as an FX of air arms die.

he appeared to say, that when they run 18r .22 pellets they run 10 dies. 
For jsb pellets, your pellets come from a mix of the 10 dies.

however, the lot for FX or air arms would come from a singe die. One of these 10. 

Reactions: BackStop