JSB seems like the clear winner

I shoot 177, 22,25, and now the 30 caliber Pellets, I have pellet guns so I shoot pellets, The big exception to that may be the 30 caliber LW barrel I have for my Prophet , Not really missed around with it a lot as 30 is a little over kill for my 48 yard range, In all my testing I seem to only be shooting the JSB pellets out of my PCP guns, I save the others for my springers and my Pistols spring, pump and PCP, So I got stacks of H&N, Crosman, Benjamin, RWS, Seems I will never run out of the what I call the second hand pellets.
Oh I did see some Ed GUN 33.95 22 caliber pellets was that a mis print?

I think most manufacturers make sure their guns shoot JSBs very well, as they are considered the standard.

That's not to say you can't find better ammo depending on the gun. But JSBs do shoot very well across the board. 18 grain .22s , 33.95 grain .25s and 44.75 grain .30s are excellent ammo that can fly straight at different velocities.

Reactions: WorriedMan
I hear a lot of FX is made by JSB and the ED Gun is also made by JSB just different dies and stuff, I have shot some 10.34 gr FX pellets that shot very well in my Vulcan, and Uragan , I guess it just goes back to what your gun barrel likes and something I will never do is hand pick my pellets. I will pay a little more for the super duper grade pellets , I just have lots and lots of pellets that are duds and non are JSB Pellets, Maybe my brand of guns, LOL.
Mike

There is a whole lot of rebranding, & rebadging going on....

My records indicate the following:
JSB – rebranded as Air Arms | Edgun | FX | Rangemaster (=Daystate) [most] | Cometa | Weihrauch | Diana [few] | Webley [some?]

■ H&N – rebranded as Rangemaster (=Daystate) [few] | Beeman | BSA (since 2021) | Diana [most] | Stoeger | Bisley [some] | Vortex (=Hatsan) [some] | Webley [some]

■ Crosman – rebranded as Webley [most]

And some of these have changed over the years....

Matthias

I’ve been using .25 JSB King Heavy 33.95 grain and .25 FX 34 grain (actually 33.95 also) and I’ve watched Steve’s JSB factory tour. My question - does anyone see a difference in these two pellets? So far I do not. When FX is available I buy the FX. When JSB is available I buy the JSB and I use them interchangeably for my benchrest shooting.

I’ve been using .25 JSB King Heavy 33.95 grain and .25 FX 34 grain (actually 33.95 also) and I’ve watched Steve’s JSB factory tour. My question - does anyone see a difference in these two pellets? So far I do not. When FX is available I buy the FX. When JSB is available I buy the JSB and I use them interchangeably for my benchrest shooting.
FX 34 grains is more toward MK2 pellets

Hmmm,
Anything that I have, 177 or 22 which shoots JSBs well will shoot AAs better. in some cases much better. I think this is a function of less miles on the AA dies, but that is just my theory.

My Akela shoots JSB 18.13 very well, AA fiels heavies better and H&N 18 Barracudas lights out, head shots at 60, 70 80 yds.

Crow Magnums are a joke, but Barracuda hunters can be great... in my experience.

I have a Crosman Maximus 22 that shoots cphps hole in hole at 30 + yds all day
My Beeman underlever 177 shoots CPUMs hole in hole at 30+ yds all day long.
Diana 34P does the same with the 10.5 domes in the box.

None of these three guns will shoot anything I have tried better than the Crosmans, even if at first they shot other pellets best for a while.

Oh and the Seneca 22 domes are killer from one of my Nova Liberties, shooting about 39 fpe. Very accurate and hit like a brick.

Reactions: drpietrzak
There is rebranding and contracting to manufacture. These can be different. When I compare the AA Field and Field Heavys to the JSB equivalent there appears to be less variability in AA. I find the 4.52 head of AA shoot more consistent than the JSB counter part.
You do know JSB makes AA pellets
There is something i have notices different orders of same pellets a few months apart can shoot different