• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB screw top tins - what ever happened to them?

Personally, I don't like screw on tins.

I shoot a lot of H&N .177 and quite a few .22 MRD, both which have screw on lids. After unscrewing and screwing the lids on/off a coupe of dozen times, the plating on the mating surfaces tends to wear. Now they become difficult to remove and re-install. I'll take a portion of the tin and put them in a pellet pouch before I shoot. 

I just bought two tins of .177 cal 10.05gr JSB Knock Outs. Delivered this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find they have screw on lids. I bought 4 tins of the 13.43gr Knock Outs a month ago which had the slip-fit lids. Anyway, it was a very welcome change in packaging. I'd love to see them use these tins for all of their pellets.

I received JSB pellets yesterday. The 8.4 tins were screw top. The 10.4 were friction fit. I bought 16 tins.

I spoke to Joe at Predator JSB about this and he informed me they are still going through their stock of friction tins and some pellets are being packaged in the screw on tins 

Hope this answers the question

Dave

Wow! After this long? They must have had a ton of inventory.

They do have a ton of have a ton of inventory left