JSB rebranded pellets...the truth.

Pyramyd’s pricing is artificially inflated where you have to do the buy-3-get-1-free to see a reflection of the actual fair market price.

Trenier’s pricing is a better indication of the actual market price.
Yes it is, I buy the fx 33.95g .25’s, pyramid air is $21.99 and New England sell them for $18 at tin, my next order is going to be in bulk, 12 tins… pyramid air is $210 and New England is $192.. pyramid has free shipping but New England is still cheaper 👍 and I don’t notice the difference between jsb or the fx pellets they both shoot good for me

Reactions: mh
I watched a video that a guy purchased at least 3 tins of jbs pellets labeled the same. And when he compared them, same jbs tins, there was 3 slightly different pellets, all with the same label. It was obvious difference in skirt depth and skirt thickness . I could believe they have a few dies with minor differences for the same pellets.

Reactions: Stone02
So jsb makes different brands they say they all use the same die’s but it’s the metallurgy of the lead that can be different from brand to brand, skb Japan made a lot of different brand shotguns,food companies do it not uncommon but a lot have their “secret recipes” So just shoot what your gun likes plain and simple, and an influencer gets paid to get you to switch wether they believe in the product or not.

I got back from my trip late Monday and just got around to ordering some pellets. I've found the 30 yard challenge to be a great way to figure out what my guns REALLY like. I thought, for instance, my P35-177 liked 4.51 head size H&N Baracuda Match best but then Pyramid messed up and sent me a tin of 4.52 head size and surprise, they shot consistently and noticably a little better. Going to try 5.52 in my P35-22 even though 5.51s shoot great in my P35-22. Better than JSB 18s. Still chasing that elusive 200 (best so far is 199).

But more to the point, I ordered a tin of FX 10.3s for my P35-177. I've never tested any JSB pellets in it and thought I probably should even though my other two P35s prefer H&Ns. I ordered the FX because they were $2/tin cheaper than the JSBs and $1/tin cheaper than the AA and I am pretty sure they will shoot about the same. If they do shoot well, I will have to decide if I want to stock up on FXs or try the JSB and AA. But I may just buy a couple thousand FXs. The thing I really get out of the letter is there is no reason to have a strong preference for JSBs versus FX versus AAs. They are pretty much the same pellet. Lot to lot differences but otherwise about the same. I don't know why JSB thought it was in their best interest to point this out but I think they know and I'll use that information in my ordering.

With respect to packaging I agree Amazon does not pack them properly but I decided to test the accuracy of Amazon dented tin pellets versus Pyramyd perfect tin pellets. Both 5.51 head size H&N Baracuda Match. In my P35-22 they shot the same (on 30 yard challenge targets). Pellets were not all beat up but the tin was dented. I don't regularly buy my pellets from Amazon but if I only need one tin of something and they happen to have a good price I will. I think the packaging is more of a nuisance than a big deal. If they would just wrap the tins in some bubble wrap they could throw it in a bag and they would come out OK.

Reactions: dantiff2
Air Arms pellets are different to that of the JSB brand. Whilst JSB do produce them for us, Air Arms have their own dies (purchased by yours truly) which are totally exclusive to us. We are aware that JSB simply re-brand their own pellet, which a number of our competitors sell.

from Air Arms
@18.13 , Yours Truly, I am happy to say that your AA 18’s are the MOST accurate pellets out of the majority of guns I own or have owned. I don’t know what the difference is and frankly I don’t care because the proof is on the target results. THANK YOU for bringing the best pellets to market.

@18.13 , you have a golden opportunity to make a boatload of money because JSB has not been receptive to bring back the original shallow .22 caliber 25.34 MRD pellets. They shoot SOOOoooooo much more accurately than the deep skirt pellets. Those who have shot both clearly know that the shallow skirt pellets are FAR superior. JSB says they won’t bring them back because they see too much skirt damage in transit. I am fortunate enough to have a pretty good hoard of those pellets stashed back and I have not seen as much skirt damage on the shallow skirts as I have on their newer deep skirt pellets. If you could buy those dies or work out deal to bring them back you could see a LOT of shooters buy your AA branded MRD’s. Just sayin’ …

A few post back, I had stated that FX pellets I bought were generally in better shape than JSB pellets. This is mostly true except for one time I had received a tin of 16 grain FX pellets with 70-80 percent of the skirts damaged or looks to be badly casted, or they just decided to throw all the pellets that didn't pass inspection into one tin. This was at the height of the pellet shortage.

Also, the AA pellets looks to be in higher quality and condition than the FX pellets but it shoots terrible in all my guns...

This is still going on? JSB makes them all regardless of brand. Shoot what you like and move on people lol. I buy cheapest of the brands. My last large order were FX pellets cause they were cheapest. See no difference between my AA, JSB or FX pellets in terms of accuracy. I shoot the 16gr .22 version as I have seen inconsistencies in accuracy with 18gr in the past and have moved on from them. I do know I'm not the only one to have done that either.