JSB rebranded pellets...the truth.

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 6.02.59 AM.jpg

Reactions: BryanH
Air Arms pellets are different to that of the JSB brand. Whilst JSB do produce them for us, Air Arms have their own dies (purchased by yours truly) which are totally exclusive to us. We are aware that JSB simply re-brand their own pellet, which a number of our competitors sell.

from Air Arms

This is what Air Arms told me as well.

@abslayer i think have enough crosman pointed and crosman destroyers to fill a shoebox that i never even use. I used to burn a tin or two in a afternoon of plinking. Now i pretty much just hunt, rarely have time for practice, and i like to use the best i have when i do.

For the time being it’s barracuda hunters or jsb hades. Fortunately when i run out i wont have to adjust the scope to shoot the fx domes. Not for the distance i shoot anyway.

Selling JSB pellets under the brand of FX is because some fans of FX could think FX pellets are better somehow.

Now we know it is false.

FX believers, do not worry, you can still think that shooting FX pellets with your Meccano shooting rifle will make you superior to all of us who shoot JSB's !!!

Air Arms pellets are different to that of the JSB brand. Whilst JSB do produce them for us, Air Arms have their own dies (purchased by yours truly) which are totally exclusive to us. We are aware that JSB simply re-brand their own pellet, which a number of our competitors sell.

from Air Arms
This is in direct conflict with what JSB has reported for years.
I won't call BS on it, but I think I would tend to believe the actual manufacturer who has little or nothing to gain, and everything to lose by contradicting its client.
I'm just stating the obvious here. Follow the money.

Last edited:
The truth they say. Are manufactures able to tell the truth, if it ever happens it would be rare.
Here are a few real world truths and one of them is all about the almighty dollar.

Getting ready to shoot my Crown today and lying in front of me is a bright light, and a sample of the 18.13 JSB and the 18 FX. Always in my two nice rifles both the Crown and the Brocock Sniper HP, both in .22 the FX pellets have always had the edge over JSB in the long range accuracy equation. FX pellets always seem to be cleaner, and just in general have and overall better appearance.

The JSB pellet skirt is shorter and has a totally flat air chamber internally to catch the air, flare the skirt to the barrel.
The FX pellet skirt is a bit deeper or longer internally and has a slight conical shape and has a little tiny indent dead center evidently left by the manufacture process.

Therefore as the pellets are quite different in their internal skirt design it is simple common sense that the same die is not used to manufacture both the JSB and the FX pellet. They are different. Rather than believe what you hear on the internet, go get yourself a sample of both and simply take a look at them. They are quite different in their internal skirt configuration. The truth is revealed by your own eyes not by the internet.

Now for the follow the almighty dollar truth. I own and shoot some nice PCP rifles however for me the most fun available is shooting various springer rifles and although I do enjoy various brands, the HW 95 is my favorite. With a close second to the HW97. In the HW rifles the most accurate pellet has always been the GTO 11.75 Predator NO LEAD pellet. Many times and consistently .75 groups and smaller are realized with this pellet at 50 and 60 yards.
Now I used to purchase this same pellet branded JSB from Krale for years. This pellet was in fact made by JSB and sold by Krale for like 7 dollars for a tin of 200. Now this pellet is no longer available in any country. What is now available is the Predator GTO 11.75 NO LEAD and you may purchase as many tins as you like from Pyramid Air for ONLY $30 dollars per 200 count tin. Well it might be 28.25 or 29.99 or 26.75 somewhere, however it is right at 30 dollars. This is the exact same pellet as the cheaper and reasonable JSB branded pellet and now is the super expensive GTO Predator.

As it seems truth was required I simply provided some truth.

Cheers and a grin!!
Kit

To what i said earlier if the case you may get a more consistent tin of fx.

You got 10 dies running and dumping batch pellets. Thats 10x the chance of randoms. But you take 1 or 2 dies to fill a fx order now you reduced the random pellet chance way down. So you got to figure your consistency per pellet goes up as you reduce dies used per batch.

All I know is I just received 2 tins of the FX atomic .22 ( supposedly rebranded Hades) and both tins the pellets look PERFECT. No damaged skirts, just clean. The pellets from some jsb Hades I had bought about a year ago look like poop in comparison. I don't know if I just got a bad bunch but I have no stake in the game. I never had owned or currently own an FX rifle as well. Currently a BRK Ghost and a Pathfinder