JSB pellets still a shortage here in the USA.

I heard from a local seller, that orders to JSB made today can be fulfilled in early 2023

If that is true people better expect more than a single year of supply issues.

I heard from a local seller, that orders to JSB made today can be fulfilled in early 2023

I too heard from a dealer that spoke with their JSB rep who said JSB will be in full production in 2023 for their line of pellets……

I've heard these comments about future order fulfillment from JSB in a couple places now.....

Is anybody familiar enough with the supply chain to know what that means? Please enlighten us if so. 

I wonder if it simply means that the big US retailers (PA, AOA, UA, Trenier? Brancato? SPAW? etc?) have already placed their "orders" for that far out....almost like the retailers have committed to buy X amount of tins of X pellet for that far out? If this is so, it's not so much a "the sky is falling" situation as a simple scenario where our favorite retailer should (at least periodically) receive pellet shipments, "through 2023."

Would also be curious to know how Predator international plays into all of the above supply chain unknowns. 

From what I understand is that JSB is starting production but will not be in full production until 2023 so I believe pellets will be sent out but vendors full orders will not be fulfilled possibly into 2023. The proverbial sky is not falling but there will be a pellet shortage for quite sometime of JSB pellets. Just like most all businesses, they have been hit by a shortage of raw materials due to the existing shipping, ports overloaded with not enough space for containers or workers or enough trucks, larger cargo ships…off of Long Beach’s port, about 67 cargo ships are stuck in a 6-7 day waiting period just to dock, can see them from the beach, I’m sure it’s the same all over the world.

Since JSB does not sell to consumers that would mean the dealers and distributors have orders in for large volumes. The dealers base those long-term orders on the current massive demand which is neither measurable or sustainable. Many of these dealer perceived orders are the same people calling every dealer looking for product. If one guy calls 12 dealers then distribution gets a request for 12 orders and so on. Neither the dealers nor JSB has any way to measure what the true demand is or how long it will last. Few dealers can afford to stock more than they can sell in 30 to 45 days as that is the standard credit line they get from distribution. 

The powder burner stock including small rifle and pistol primers has increased a great deal in the last month. Prices are still way up in general but there are several places breaking out of the high price pack. Once that settles in with decent prices there will be a huge shift away from airgun shooting and back to powder burners. Nobody can measure that or its impact either. You also have winter coming and many people will stop consuming or shopping pellets once the cold weather hits. Lots of variables in our favor to make predictions.