JSB Pellet category definitions - help please

Hi. I've settled on JSB Exact Jumbo .22 cal Pellets, 15.89 grain dome - for shooting. I've tried a bunch of different brands that I can buy locally, but the JSB really are the best for accuracy, at least for me.

Here's my question. There's a bunch of different JSB's for 22 cal that I haven't tried and I don't even know if they are available, but can anyone lay out a quick explanation of the basic differences? Thanks! All of the below options are .22 cal.

1. JSB Hades Tri Hollow Point. What's the difference between Hades and Exact Jumbo? They are both 15.89. I know the Hades is tri Hollow point, but is there something else different?

2. JSB Straton - these are pointed. Other than that, anything else different from the domed Exact Jumbo?

3. JSB Exact Jumbo Heavy - 18.13 grain.

4. HSB Monster 25.39 grain.

5. JSB Knock out Slugs - there is .216 and .217 - both .22 cal. How do I know which one to try?

Ok, so here's a few more questions.

I'm shooting a very basic, probably the least expensive PCP rifle there is, the Benjamin Maximus. But I really like it and I can't begin to explain how accurate it is with the JSB exact Jumbo pellets.

If I try shooting a heavier grain such as the 18.13 or the 25.39, is my rifle capable of using these heavier slugs? Is it just a matter of adjusting the scope? I'm typically shooting at about 40 yards.

Is the Straton and Hades simply the names of the JSB with a different pellet 'tip' - pointed, hollow point, or domed? Or, is there something else?

And finally, what about the slugs? Or the Jumbo Beast? Sound interesting, but are they just too darned heavy for my lightweight rifle?

Thanks a lot, I really do appreciate the experience and knowledge that you guys have. It would cost me a lot of money to figure out with trial and error what you already know.

Try this. Go to YouTube & search " airgun pellet types". Also, research if your gun is capable of shooting slugs before spending $ on them. Hades is a hunting pellet, its tip designed to mushroom & dump its energy into your target (prey). Not familiar with Straton stuff. See if you can get a sampler pack pellets & see how they fly in your gun. That's what almost all of us do/did. Most airguns are a bit finicky so you search for what works best. Good luck. 

https://youtu.be/Ml8FlVaaWhQ

The only real answer to "How do I know which one to try?" is that you try them all.

20210522_174454.1623117265.jpg
This is how many slugs I tried before my rifle 'told' me it liked .218" 24.8gr NSA slugs, though I did pick up some JSB knock out .217 to try. 

My rifle likes both the JSB jumbo 18.3gr and the monster 25.39gr with me currently preferring to use the monsters as I can leave the hammer and reg settings the same for the pellets and NSA slugs and just re-zero. 

I don't know much about the strattons but the hades in .22 are the jumbo heavy with the hollow tip which reduces the weight. The difference between the hades and exact jumbo 15's it's that there's more lead in the middle where the extra weight is added for the 18.13. I have both the 15's and 18's which I can take a pic of for you later. 

I also have the hades ams they're exact counterparts in .177 which I'll also show you 

So it turns out I lied about having the 15's and 18's. I currently only have the 18's and my .22 hades are still in the mail. 

I can compare the. 177 jumbo heavy and the .177 hades. 
20210607_222304.1623119230.jpg
20210607_222245.1623119230.jpg
20210607_222226.1623119230.jpg
As you can see they're 'almost' identical.

And here's the difference between the .177 jumbo and beast. 
20210607_222208.1623120956.jpg
20210607_222144.1623120972.jpg

The difference between the .22 ones is similar. 

PCP's are more efficient with heavier pellets and produce more power so it's all about just finding what works best for you and your rifle. 

My buddy has had very good results with the Stratons in his Mrod and the 18.13 (also JSB) have worked well for him and seem to handle a light breeze a bit better. In my Mrod the 15.89 JSB Diabolo seem to be best in my basement at 15 yards. I've read enough accounts of experienced gunners that sometimes it's finding out what your rifle likes.

My FX Impact M3 in .25 caliber really, really likes the 25.39s but then that was the pellet FX designed the rifle for. I haven't yet compared the 34 grain but can say that in a very strong wind there was no comparison between the 25.39 in the FX vs the 15.89 in the Mrod .22 cal, nor would you expect the lighter pellet at lower power to perform like the heavier.