• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB manufacturing tolerances

I just got done weighing 1800 pellets and am disgusted with the variations in weight.

While I was happy with the condition of the JSB MKII .25 pellets when they arrived I'm not so happy getting maybe one tin of pellets that are 33.9 & 34.0. Maybe a half a tin of 33.7 & 33.8 and half a tin of 34.1 & 34.2

The rest are ligher or heavier. 

Is there any published specs on JSB pellets? Id dearly like to return 1200 pellets

Good Luck with that PerkyVal !! Get a pellet gauge and check for head size if you want to be further disgusted!! I don't know why they even put head size into the equation as I have found very few in a tin to be close to what they have marked on it!! At least in .177 10.34 exacts and I have sorted many many tins (over 20 ) from several sources with little luck finding what is marked on the tin! Good Luck !! J.L.

FX is claiming that their new SmoothTwist X barrel is less pellet fussy. I take this to mean that the X barrel system should be more tolerant of variations in weight and head size. If this pans out to be true, your justifiable disgust with JSB's inconsistencies might be adequately ameliorated by the SmoothTwist X. I'll be carefully watching for unbiased, real world, side-by-side comparisons to see if FX's claims are valid. Not an FX fanboy, but optimistically hopeful.

BeemanR7

"whitefox545"Good Luck with that PerkyVal !! Get a pellet gauge and check for head size if you want to be further disgusted!! I don't know why they even put head size into the equation as I have found very few in a tin to be close to what they have marked on it!! At least in .177 10.34 exacts and I have sorted many many tins (over 20 ) from several sources with little luck finding what is marked on the tin! Good Luck !! J.L.
I have one, and that's what I'm doing next.
I'm absolutely not doing all 1800, only the ones near the correct claimed weight.

what's woese, is I havehave the whole procedure to do again with 1400 .22 king heavies.

I'd pay a whole lot more for pellets that actually were the correct weight a d head size.

"BeemanR7"FX is claiming that their new SmoothTwist X barrel is less pellet fussy. I take this to mean that the X barrel system should be more tolerant of variations in weight and head size. If this pans out to be true, your justifiable disgust with JSB's inconsistencies might be adequately ameliorated by the SmoothTwist X. I'll be carefully watching for unbiased, real world, side-by-side comparisons to see if FX's claims are valid. Not an FX fanboy, but optimistically hopeful.
BeemanR7
My Crown doesn't appear to be pellet fussy at all, however, consistency in pellets, as well as proper tuning are key for Extreme Benchrest type accuracy.

You can believe I'll be trying different pellet brands in my Crown with its STX barrel, but I'm afraid I'm stuck with JSB's with my Royale.