• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB Knockouts .216 Taipan Vet Long .22 ( choked LW barrel )

Well this was kind of an unexpected pleasant surprise. I've got the subjected gun tuned ( I mean *dialed* ) with FX Hybrids winging them @961fps and it is killer consistent and super accurate. I bought a tin of these JSB's from AoA and they showed up earlier today while I was at work. I watched Rossi's tv show with the guys playing cards and then real quick setup out in my back yard to quick chrony these and give 'em a little test. I had to kind of hustle as daylight was going away but it's also super humid out and the mosquitoes are WICKED out there this evening! Grrrr . . .

I made ZERO changes to the gun - nadda. I just loaded up a mag of these slightly heavier slugs and kinda wondered how much slower they were gonna fly. You only see eight shots in the photo - thats because the first two were just over the chrony into a pile of wood just to check speed. First shot - 931. ( "whoa . . . . " ) Frankly I was half expecting low 900's or even high 800's . . . I take a second one - 932. "Well I'll be damned . . . ok - lets quick (smack! Damned mosquito . . . ) check accuracy . . . "

I grab the cardboard box that the slugs arrived in, sharpie marker a little circle on it ( 1/2" - I measured it ) and put it out at my zero which is 40 yards. Mind you I wasn't exactly taking my time shooting this little group either - the damned mosquitoes are hungry and were nasty!! Again - no changes at all to the gun or scope. I don't know what's up with that high one up at 12:30 / 1:00 . . . lol.

A) if I took my time without becoming a horde of mosquito's meal - that alone might tighten the group up.

B) I know I have room left on my hammer spring - I could maybe speed them up just a tad and that might tighten them up too

These shot, pleasantly and somewhat unexpectedly well I think for absolutely no changes to the gun at all. :) I intentionally got the .216's because of the LW barrel. I'm pretty sure the FX's are closer to .217 and they are a "snug" fit when cocking. I'm guessing the "looser" fit @.216 might be contributing to the still relatively fast fps @931 average. (?)
1594257459_6131228805f06703301f877.15206718.jpg