JSB KnockOut mk1 10gr 177 wow

I just shot a mag at 30y. Wind is 8mph left to right, gusting higher. I’m 4 miles from the ocean.
1/4” circles
Left group is 5 rounds not waiting on the wind. Right is the last 3 rounds of the magazine waiting on the wind.

IMG_3698.jpeg

Reactions: Florida_Man
Wow is right..177 slugs make a 177 a whole new animal. I've been using them for starling popping and boy those little slugs sure make a loud pop when they hit a starling. Rips right through them. Tiny entrance hole, the exit was quite a bit larger. Used them last years squirrel season also. Done a great job. I'm more of a 22 guy but I do like the 177 slugs a lot.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Just testing some slugs and wow, these are some energy dumpers! 970 fps from the barrel, 20 FPE. 5mm penetration is 20% gel

At 25y these are penetrating a 2x4 at 950fps for me. I’m going to be messing with 12 and 16gr slugs next since I recently installed a heavy liner in my impact but it was fairly shocking at the difference vs a pellet already with 10gr.

At 25y these are penetrating a 2x4 at 950fps for me. I’m going to be messing with 12 and 16gr slugs next since I recently installed a heavy liner in my impact but it was fairly shocking at the difference vs a pellet already with 10gr.
The varmint knockers, jsb, and Zan showed the best expansion. The nsa and H&N don’t expand, I guess they are hollow points more like Sierra MatchKings. I was told the H&N HP II expand better, but they have not released any in 177

Reactions: Jasonmc
The varmint knockers, jsb, and Zan showed the best expansion. The nsa and H&N don’t expand, I guess they are hollow points more like Sierra MatchKings. I was told the H&N HP II expand better, but they have not released any in 177
I haven't tried the varmint knocker. The jsb and zan slugs worked best for me also. Same findings with the NSA slugs. NSA was fine for target shooting but not so much pesting/hunting I won't use them.

Reactions: Florida_Man
These little .177 slugs are intriguing. If one could achieve stability and accuracy out to 100 meters or so they could be an ideal small game projectile.

I recall testing them briefly in my HW97K springer on sparrows at short distances…while the accuracy was only average at best compared to pellets the terminal damage was significantly better than any pellet I’ve ever used.

FWIW-I wouldn’t recommend shooting these from a springer. It’s just fairly unhealthy on the power plant system.

They certainly are devastating and 500 shots per tin!
I’m shooting them out of my RedWolf HP .177 with amazing results.
Here’s pics of the mushrooms shot into wet paper.
These are the 13.43 grain knockouts.
The chipmunk was at 40 yards.
My rifle likes the 13.43 slugs better.

Moderator note:
**All classified offers must be posted in the classified section.****
IMG_6193.jpeg

IMG_7049.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: