• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB Jumbo .22 15.89

A friend gave me a partial tin of these to shoot in my Sumatra Carbine, Being able to dial the power back I was able to get 4 mags per fill at over 800fps. and they were flat a@@ accurate. So I bought 3 tins along with my 18 grain from a vendor (major vendor) Two are from one lot and one tin from a different lot. I lost over 20% from the like lot. Have the second tin unopened. The bad ones just drop through the wheel 1-2 per wheel. The ones that load are erratic accuracy wise. The tin from a different lot are fine. Emailed the vendor and asked if they had had any calls or complaints and gave them the bar code numbers. Their answer was no sorry for your troubles. So be it. I wasn't expecting free pellets? I thought JSB would be interested with the issue. Has any one else had trouble with this weight and style of JSB's?

Dennis

"2D1C"A friend gave me a partial tin of these to shoot in my Sumatra Carbine, Being able to dial the power back I was able to get 4 mags per fill at over 800fps. and they were flat a@@ accurate. So I bought 3 tins along with my 18 grain from a vendor (major vendor) Two are from one lot and one tin from a different lot. I lost over 20% from the like lot. Have the second tin unopened. The bad ones just drop through the wheel 1-2 per wheel. The ones that load are erratic accuracy wise. The tin from a different lot are fine. Emailed the vendor and asked if they had had any calls or complaints and gave them the bar code numbers. Their answer was no sorry for your troubles. So be it. I wasn't expecting free pellets? I thought JSB would be interested with the issue. Has any one else had trouble with this weight and style of JSB's?

Dennis
Skirts are really fragile in that pellet. Sometimes just a little rounding of the skirt with something will make a big difference. 
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/new-years-resolution-i-will-check-and-dress-my-pellet-skirts/

Thanks for the input guys. Truth be known, I am not happy with the shots per fill on this Sumatra. There don't seem to be many options to fix it. It's on me. My first PCP.
Iride, I had a tin of piranhas? They were good at 25 yards mid to high 800 fps. There was a golf ball out on 100 yard bank so I started to send some at it? It was like watching a Teds Hold over video! Those things had at least a 4-6 " spiral and hit the ball! I couldn't believe it! Was to funny!
Thanx again guys

2D1C Will Piatt is well known for his Sumatra tunes/repairs/upgrades, he installs an o-ring into the magazines that keeps the pellets from falling out. Will is a nice guy and helps many in the airgun community. I would call him and ask how he installs the o-ring. A google search might also show how its done.

Saddle Mountain site: https://sites.google.com/site/saddlemountaingunsmith/

2D1C don't get to despondent about the Sumatra carbine. They are some of the easiest rifles to tune.
The power adjuster works similar to a transfer port adjuster when you install a softer hammer spring.
Softer spring = much much lighter trigger!

.html]
Screenshot_2015-09-11-09-15-08_zps1617d9fa.png
[/url][/img][/URL

I have been following the things you have done. I have a crony coming and then will play with the lighter springs. I see where you redesigned the hammer lightening it up.
I don't have tool to do what you have done? But I wonder if by just drilling into the hammer holes this would lighten it up and also help.
I called Will Piatt the other day (very nice guy) He sounded a little surprised I was willing to have less power and a longer shot string. He said most want more power. I would be completely happy with the strings you are getting. Your getting a mag per every 10 bar that's AWESOME!

Thank you for the response

"jamieinmd"I have been sizing CPHPs and they are awesome. Much more consistant in most of my guns than the JSBs.
I too have been surprised by this.

The JSBs are, from what I hear, the gold standard. On a whim, I tried the CPHP for general plinking it's great for me with a price difference worth noting. Funny thing is among the two, the CPHP are quieter in my airgun. Someone may have mentioned in another post, that it means a better fit (skirt) on my barrel. The extra noise, loudness from other pellets probably means I was wasting air.

These pellets are the Magic ! They Shoot great out of my Springers, CO2's, no matter. But no one wants to see one ragged hole, same people says that tells you nothing, All I know if my groupings are one round "Circular" hole I'm pretty satisfied. NO vertical or horizontal strings.

What more could you ask for in an awesome hunting or all around pellet ?

My Crossman Pirhana's approx same weighing,pellett group exactly 2.0 mm to the right of the JSB's same POA @ 25M. Another good all around Power Pellet at 400-900 fps.

Try those Pirhana's !