JSB Hades vs. slugs under 100 yards and on .30 Cal. and under.

If you are going to hunt and you will shot closer than 100 yards, JSB Hades seem to be a really good alternative.

To find a slug that works perfectly with your rifle may take effort and money.

JSB Hades could make a really good expansion and are "ACURATE". .30 Cal worked very well on my Vulcan 2, on my Evanix Rainstorm and on my Jager.

.25 Hades worked extremely well on my Wolverine HP HR.

Now I know I will avoid the slug transition. I do not find a reason to work on that.

I use them in .22 and while they are exceedingly accurate, they lose a ton of steam at range. I prefer slugs by far in .22

I've too noticed how much energy is lost, and pretty fast. In .25cal I'll use these to about 80 yards, past thay I'll be using slugs, luckily there both spot on with the same tune just different hold over & less drift.

The 30cal Hades are shooting awesome for me and grouping really well out of my Hatsan 135 carnivore springer at 545fps at 25yds and with the few choices of 30 cal hunting pellets its a for sure go to for hunting.

The 25cal hades does not like my 25cal Hatsan springer at all, I think at only 690FPS I am just not getting the velocity it needs? But that gun prefers the RWS superdomes and while not a hunting pellet it seems to have no problems taking everything rabbit sized and down ethically. 

The 25 cal hades shoots really well in my Hatsan flashpup but the H&N 25cal crow magnums are shooting the same group sizes maybe even tighter and can be cheaper and found more easily I think. I haven't heard a single complaint from a varmint yet about the crow magnums. At 880fps my water bottle test showed the crow magnums are also expanding more then the Hades by .1-.4mm it could be the Hades needs more velocity before it will expand where the crow magnum are expanding for me even as low as 700fps, but I am guessing the Hades has more penetration but I haven't done a penetration test. I really like the Hades but I wouldn't count out the crow magnums or maybe even the barracuda hunter extreme for a good 25cal hunting pellet along with the hades, I think they will all be apples to apples when it comes to taking the appropriate game with them. I would really like to see H&N and other companies step up their 30cal and 35cal pellet lines with more options.