• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB Exact King Heavy standard vs. MKII

Pelletpinger, do you mean that you use the MK2s without any problem in your FX Impact as opposed to the MK1s? I am asking because the MK1s do take some effort to fit in my Edgun Matador R3M mags... I intend to buy some MK2s in bulk and I don't want them to turn out to be the same skirt size, as I already have enough MK1s...
Also, have you noticed the performance and accuracy of the MK2s to be lesser than those of the MK1s?

"sen"Pelletpinger, do you mean that you use the MK2s without any problem in your FX Impact as opposed to the MK1s? I am asking because the MK1s do take some effort to fit in my Edgun Matador R3M mags... I intend to buy some MK2s in bulk and I don't want them to turn out to be the same skirt size, as I already have enough MK1s...
Also, have you noticed the performance and accuracy of the MK2s to be lesser than those of the MK1s?

Yes the Mk2’s drop straight into the mag no problems and load just fine straight out of the tin. 
Performance wise they both performed equally as well. 

Hi everyone. I just received the MK2s. I don't have a caliper with me, but there is no doubt whatsoever that the skirt diameter of the MK2 is smaller than the one of MK1. I am loading the MK2s in my mags with the ease I load JSB Exact Kings 25.4 gr.
Pelletpinger and Grackleblast - you were absolutely right guys, thanks again :yes:

Haganaga, I have my chronograph with me. Later today I will measure velocities at 0 and 30 meters with both MK1 and MK2 and I will calculate and post here the BC of both pellets as achieved with the barrel of my Matador R3M Short. It may not be exactly the same BC that your Matador will give you, if yours is Standard or Long, due to the barrel length and/or power setting. But I think the difference would be insignificant, something along the lines of 0.001 or 0.002.

As a point of reference, my Kalibrgun Cricket .25 gives me a BC of 0.048 with the MK1.

MK2 has a BC of 0.046 with my Matador Short. MK1 gave me almost the same - 0.047. An insignificant difference, in my opinion - may be due to the calculation, the digits after the decimal point and the ballistic calculator rounding up. The MK2 shoots at a slightly higher velocity - 9-10 fps. It surprised me, as like jps2486 said, I expected the thinner MK1 skirts to obturate better. It appears the Matador likes the MK2 more than the MK1.

"Haganaga"Now wouldn’t the mk 1’s being longer have a better BC? I have a single shot R3 so no mag and can shoot almost any size.
Yes, the Mk I's have a slightly better BC than the Mk II's. I've tested both extensively, and have posted the results in the Pellets forum.

I just finished testing both again at 95F and have tested them at various temps from 15F up to 95F to see how the BC's change. Group wise, both shoot very tight in my RAW with polygon barrel, but the Mk II's seem to throw out an occasional flyer that the Mk I's don't, so I consider the Mk I's more consistent in my setup. Others (I think particularly in FX guns?) seem to prefer the Mk II's better.

I'm working on compiling a temperature vs. BC comparison to share shortly. Look in the 'Pellets' forum for that information. As a side note: this thread really should be moved to that forum since it's about pellets...

Sean