• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB Exact Beast Diabolo .177 Cal Pellets, 16.20 Grains

A few weeks ago I purchased an Umarex NXG APX for use in dispatching some rats around my home. I haven't caught any of the sneaky little buggers yet, but I'm having a blast with the .177 pump air rifle. It's powerful, accurate, quiet, and easy to pump. I'd been using some JSB Match Diabolo Exact .177 Cal, 8.44 grains domed pellets. They seemed a bit meagre in mass for the rats I was looking at. I looked at PA and found that there was an option for 16.20 grain pellets. That's almost twice the size! OK, I'm in for a tin. They showed up a few days ago and they are HUGE in comparison. Just take a look:

I shot a 5-shot group free hand and they were consistent. Maybe dropped a bit, but it's hard to tell at 10 yards. I had a special beer with dinner and decided to use the can as target fodder. I was aiming right between Eddie's eyes, but hit a bit high. Still looks cool though.

JSB Exact Beast Diabolo .177 Cal Pellets, 16.20 Grains
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/JSB_Exact_Beast_Diabolo_177_Cal_Pellets_16_20_Grains_Domed_250ct/1197

I set up a rat trap last night and nailed a little rat. I took a couple of shots at its corpse. These pellets will definitely do the trick...if I can hit what I'm aiming at. I took a shot while the body was still in the trap and hit a little low. The pellet hit the wood part of the trap. I was dumbfounded when I saw that the pellet was buried about .5in into the wood. It might have been .75in. 

I use these 16.20 gr beasts to slow down my 177 Marauder. These improved the shot string consistency and are very accurate. These are really good pellets for hunting and vermin control.
I have shot them through my Break Barrel Whisper to slow the thing down and with the addition of the Tuna Trigger mod the rifle has become a dependable and accurate shooter. These heavy pellets may damage the springer but hey its my GAMO and it really made it calm down.
Try these in your 177 PCP, the downrange energy and accuracy will surprise you...