jsb at 20 ft. lb.

My tuned R-1 in .22 cal loved the CP 14.3 gn pellets at 830 fps. JSB came in second with slightly larger groups. The R-1 was capable of 3/4" groups at 50 yrs on a calm day. Custom tuned that rifle as a hunting piece and it did its job on the crow population. Had to sell it due to shoulder problems and the heavy cocking effort, but certainly enjoyed it while I had it.

anyone have any luck with accuracy with the 14.3 or 13.4 gr. at around 800 fps.

Just an assumption ... sounds like an inquire for a Field Target shooter ?

If so ? ... There is the crux of using .22 in the FT game with the max 20 fpe rules. With the light pellets being marginally fast enough to use THEY ONLY WORK OUT if accurate !!!

The why for those who seriously shoot the FT game use .177 or .20 cal.

anyone have any luck with accuracy with the 14.3 or 13.4 gr. at around 800 fps.

Just an assumption ... sounds like an inquire for a Field Target shooter ?

If so ? ... There is the crux of using .22 in the FT game with the max 20 fpe rules. With the light pellets being marginally fast enough to use THEY ONLY WORK OUT if accurate !!!

The why for those who seriously shoot the FT game use .177 or .20 cal.

Motorhead,

i have a Compatto in .22. i have never been a power hungry airgunner. i turned down my hammerspring and changed out the spring for a shorter stiffer one with no preload. with the small cylinder i wanted more shots. i currently get 45 regulated shots at 815 fps with crosman 14.3 hollow points. plenty for birds and pesting. thought about ordering some better quality jsb pellets. CHP are very acurrate. thought id try something else.