• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSB 44.75GRAIN (.30CAL) PELLETS

And my gun is also an R5 like NoLand which I hear is a 1 and 16 twist. It is a LW barrel with conventional rifling. 

More testing is required but what I see so far in this Eddy; at 900 fps accuracy is there but the shot cycle is smoother at 870 fps. Another observation, at 900 shooting in strongish winds, the pellet seems to be effected more than when I shoot at 870. 

Of course, at 870 I’m getting more shots, the report is a bit quieter and so far an accuracy advantage is detected in wind. I’ll give 5 FPE away for these benefits all day long. 

"zx10wall"
"sonny"probably depends on the gun (make, model)
What about twist rate of the barrel? Smooth Twist, X barrel, conventional rifling or polygonal. 
Lots of variables but a ballpark figure for a certain pellet is a good start.
Just wanted to clarify something: to date, there is no 'polygon' barrel (at least not from LW) that is available. I hope one becomes available in the future (like .177, .22, and .25 cals), but for now, it doesn't exist (from LW).

Sean

"SMH77"
"zx10wall"
What about twist rate of the barrel? Smooth Twist, X barrel, conventional rifling or polygonal. 
Just wanted to clarify something: to date, there is no 'polgon' barrel (at least not from LW) that is available. I hope one becomes available in the future (like .177, .22, and .25 cals), but for now, it doesn't exist (from LW).
Sean
I don’t know of a LW “polgon” ? barrel being available in any caliber. LW definitely offers polygon barrel blanks choked and unchoked in .177, .22 & .25. 

"zx10wall"
"SMH77"
"zx10wall"
Just wanted to clarify something: to date, there is no 'polgon' barrel (at least not from LW) that is available. I hope one becomes available in the future (like .177, .22, and .25 cals), but for now, it doesn't exist (from LW).
Sean
I don’t know of a LW “polgon” barrel being available in any caliber. LW definitely offers polygon barrel blanks choked and unchoked in .177, .22 & .25.
LOL, you got me on that one. :) Fixed now.