JSB .25 King Heavies

My .25 Veteran did not like regular 25.39 kings all that well, so I ordered some heavies in original and mk11. I set the gun at 880fps and they shot horrible, about 2 inches at 60 yds. This was with the original heavies. Did not have much faith that the mk11 heavies would do much better because I really did not see but a slight difference in the rear ends of the pellets. At 60 yds. again I was shocked to find that the mk11s grouped pretty much as well as I could hold them. Just getting started tuning this vet so have a lot to try, I dont really know yet how fast this gun will shoot them, but the mk11s will easily shoot groups around 3/4 in. at 60yds at 880fps. It is just hard to believe there is that much difference in these two pellets. Has anyone else had a similar experience with these two pellets ?

It seems every gun barrel combination is different. Some like just about everything you shoot in them. And some like just one or two. For instance, my .25 Edgun R5M Long just hates the Mk1 or Mk2 Heavies, but loves the 25.4 grain JSB Kings at 925 FPS. It didn’t like the Heavies at any speed... and my .25 Vulcan likes anything I shoot from it.