JSB .22 18.13gr. Damage

I have been shooting from my pre-shortage supply of pellets for the past months. Stock was getting a little low so ordered a few tins of JSB .22 18gr. 

They arrived well packaged, box was dent free, the tins are in perfect condition, so I don't think it was from shipping to me.....but as I sat down to load up two magazines, 24 pellets total, 7 were very damaged in the skirts. That's a 29% rejection rate. I have never had this happen before. Would be interested in others experience with recent orders of JSB pellets, are you seeing alot of damaged pellets?
20210516_120601.1621184831.jpg

I had 4 tins I bought last January that were the same way. I started buying FX and AA pellets with hardly any deformed skirts. I just got in my latest order of JSB pellets. I hope the QC has improved. 
Long Gun, I’ve often wondered about that. I suppose I should do a comparison to put it to rest in my mind. But feel deformed skirts should be minimal per tin for what we pay for pellets today.

I have had that happen also from some JSB pellets I ordered from Trenier. One tin had a very slight crease in it, the other 3 looked perfect. But Inside all of them revealed about a 25% bent skirt rate. I believe pellets can incur damage even if they are well packed if they are knocked around significantly by the handlers during shipping. Trenier did replace the bad tins for me.

Shot a blind test of 2 magazines. One mag was loaded with un-repaired damaged skirts, the second mag loaded with straight skirts. The range is 100yds. Not knowing which mag was loaded till after the test. Here are the results.

Bent skirts 12 shot group was 4 inches, with 4 shots within 1 inch.

Straight skirts 12 shot group was 2 inches with 8 shots within .75 inches.

Wind conditions ....no wind.

Summary- for me, at 100yds, bent skirts just don't cut the mustard.

I have been shooting from my pre-shortage supply of pellets for the past months. Stock was getting a little low so ordered a few tins of JSB .22 18gr. 

They arrived well packaged, box was dent free, the tins are in perfect condition, so I don't think it was from shipping to me.....but as I sat down to load up two magazines, 24 pellets total, 7 were very damaged in the skirts. That's a 29% rejection rate. I have never had this happen before. Would be interested in others experience with recent orders of JSB pellets, are you seeing alot of damaged pellets?I just got a order from pyramyd air ,JSB .22 15.89 I got 9 tins and the first tin that I opened had damaged pellets. The pellets came well packed, from Pyramyd air so I think that the problem is with JSB . Seems like the quality from them has gone down hill , for the price that they charge for a tin of pellets, the quality should be better then Crosman pellets... at a 1/3 of the cost, easier to order , and now better quality , I will be switching over to Crosman until JSB gets it together . The only problem with Crosman is the pellet weight selection , so I will turn down the power of my Cayden, and find the sweet spot for them.

When Steve from AEAC went over and did a wonderful video tour of the JSB facility, you could see how they actually do alot of the hand sorting of reject pellets in their packaging process.

I assume they too have been impacted by the pandemic and may be short workers and just trying the best they can to get their product out.

I only wish the folks at JSB the very best and look forward to more normal times in the future.

Would be nice to see someone here in the USA pick up the market for good quality pellets....and start manufacturing stateside? Hmmmm...any takers?

They could be 100% good when sorted at the factory. But when you have to ship them thousands of miles and then distribute to buyers, there is damage that will happen. 

I would blame ups, usps, and fedex more than I would JSB.

I fully understand where you are coming from....respectfully i need to explain that I have been buying these same pellts for many years. I have found very little damage, when the tins are undamaged until now. Others have reported the same damaged pellets without damaged tins. It makes sense that JSB is probably working overtime to try to keep up with demand. Either by design or simply slacked Quality Control it appears damaged pellets could be getting sent out from the factory. Who knows for sure, but something has changed in the quality of pellets getting delivered to my door today compared to years past.