• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

jsb 13.43's - "old" ( original ) ones or the redesigns for 20ft/lb limit ft?

Hi - question asks it. Readers digest - my regular shooting partner in the local ft meets shoots the 13.43's and he's doing really well with them. ( I don't know which ones - original flavor or the rd's - I just pm'd him asking . . . ;-) ) I've been shooting regular jsb 10.34's pretty much straight out of the tin except for a wash and lube and they shoot pretty well. I have a batch of the subjected 13.43's here at the house so . . . . a quick re-tune of my ft gun (HW100) and I have them going pretty well at 804 avg. ( determined after a 10 shot string over my chrony - low was 800, high was 810 ) I just shot this group in my back yard at 55 yds - NOT off of sticks like we would have to do in ft. Off my little shooting bench with a bipod up front and a sand bag @the rear. But still - less than an inch. Mine are ( apparently ) the original flavored ones and not the rd's based on the pictures of them at PA's web site. ( I don't have the original tins that they came in . . . so I wasn't sure which ones I have ) Mine have that flared skirt as shown @ PA's site.

Those of you who might use them - opinions on which is the preferred or is it typical to this sport - " . . . there is no preferred - it's what your barrel likes!"

I'm going to play with this over the next few days just to make sure that this group isn't a flukey one-off. If this is repeatable . . . . I'm likely gonna buy a couple tins of 'em. ;-)

But again - just looking for real world - those of you who use 'em - curious as to which one you prefer.

177_1343_55yds_804fps.jpg

Reactions: Solo1
I'm shooting a LW barrel in a Marauder. I've found the original style Monsters shoot best. And even then, the OLDER style original Monsters. JSB changed the pocket inside the skirt. The older ones have a wider/shallower pocket where the loading probe pushes it. The newer Originals have a deeper/more narrow pocket. The new one is on the left. I think this happened with .22 JSBs also.

20230813_201919.jpg

20230813_201853.jpg

Reactions: jdanvers