JSAR Rogue Raptor Mini .30 experience.

This thread is going to be my ongoing experience with the JSAR Rogue Raptor Mini in .30.

I recently purchased my Rogue Raptor on AGN classifieds. I was not in the market for a .30, let alone a $1700 .30. A deal came up that I couldn’t pass up, so I pulled the trigger. Two more days and I’ll have the gun in my hands. I owned an early production.30 Raptor Mini about a year ago. I really liked the gun, but quickly sold it to fund another project. With little to no information out there on the Rogue Raptor, I decided to call Matt at JSAR to get the run down on this beast.

I sent Matt a text verifying that the number I had was correct. He quickly responded by a phone call about 20 minutes later. What an awesome person. He was very helpful in answering all of my 1000 questions regarding this platform. Purchasing a gun without reading reviews is not in my nature. Usually I’ll watch tons of YouTube videos prior to buying. During our conversation I learned more about the history of the company, the history of the Raptor platform, the new changes made to the gun and a brief peek into Matt’s vision for the company. I learned the process he takes to tune the guns, which is partially described on his JSAR YouTube channel. What a great help he was. I really appreciated the time he took out of his busy day to share with me his passion for the Raptor. He’s definitely got the customer service part down. His job is not easy. We’d be wise as a airgun community to allow him the ability to focus on producing a high quality product.

My goal with this thread is to share with you my journey with the Rogue Raptor. I’m no airgun tuner, so this will be a review from the perspective of your average user. I do ask if you choose to be contributing factor to this thread that you remain positive and factual. I understand the history of JSAR, but from my dealings with Matt, he is a standup guy and I really look forward to seeing him grow this company. We need more USA made guns in our hands.

Stay tuned. This should be a fun one. I’ll be absent from the post until I get my hands on the gun this Tuesday. I’ll do an overview with pictures and such then. Until next time!

People need to know that JSAR ownership and management today is new and NOT the "old" JSAR. Matt spent and spends a lot of time fixing issues from the last ownership; this is beyond the call of duty. He is also meticulous and is focused on quality and consistency. I own a Raptor HP in .30 and a Mini in .22, both outstanding guns. I put a Cothran valve in the Mini and although I have another for the HP, have not needed to change it out. Staying tuned to see how your Raptor works out for you.

My first impression of the Raptor:
This thing puts out the power. I’m low on pellets, only had some JSB 50.15gr. They are shooting right at 950fps for 100 fpe! Not too shabby. Reg is set to 160 bar and the hammer spring is pretty tight. Cocking cycle is surprisingly light for the power it is generating.

It was about dark when I got home so I didn’t shoot it much. I put about 10 pellets through it at 25 yards. Its shot cycle is pretty violent at its current tune from the past owner. Even so, I was able to stack pellets at 25 in a dime sized hole. Not too bad.

The trigger is nice, but not great. I probably just need to adjust it to my liking. Fit and finish are very nice. More refined than my early model Raptor. It is well balanced and feels nice on the shoulder. With a Ronin on the business end, it is fairly quiet for a 100fpe gun. This gun is large and in charge. I’m happy! Stay tuned.

Reactions: jmmartinez573
Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.
42DD9F39-318E-4C40-9C87-6CCD433B98D9.jpeg
82769123-C678-4662-9775-8BC50A38F73B.jpeg
EADED636-2155-45C3-A52E-92CA5B5FD19B.jpeg
B5079811-1E28-4607-A7C9-38A291CF7E8A.jpeg
E9FDE8A6-52E1-4103-AEF6-53C0D3E83D01.jpeg
208D9F6B-508D-4CB9-8D71-4F081366E9D7.jpeg
10E56B70-D01B-460F-94DB-EF3FA02C6AFD.jpeg

17D1E0C7-6CF1-41C5-A98D-AE923C261D58.jpeg

0208A60F-B578-462F-AA9F-1D7F5728ED14.jpeg

083E02CE-0696-4D50-9E13-7CB87C732758.jpeg

Last edited:
Received the parts from JSAR! Great customer service from Matthew. Hit him up. The company is top notch. Tuned the gun in my basement. Shooting 44gr JSB at 860 very consistently. I have not fine tuned my tune yet due to a small supply of pellets. Anyhow, today is a very nice pre spring day with a gentle 8-10 mph breeze. These are literally the first 20 shots on target after the tune. All from the magazine. BTW, the new redesigned mags are awesome. This thing shows massive potential. Be gentle guys, I’m just getting to know this gun. Shooting 30cal is not all that easy for me too. Hope to see better groups as time goes on.
EEF79DBD-3539-40CC-B118-AE2E5697E189.jpeg
183399C3-370E-40F4-A168-18E5B11702E5.jpeg

People need to know that JSAR ownership and management today is new and NOT the "old" JSAR. Matt spent and spends a lot of time fixing issues from the last ownership; this is beyond the call of duty. He is also meticulous and is focused on quality and consistency. I own a Raptor HP in .30 and a Mini in .22, both outstanding guns. I put a Cothran valve in the Mini and although I have another for the HP, have not needed to change it out. Staying tuned to see how your Raptor works out for you.
JSAR (the old JSAR) left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths (including myself..I never received a rifle or even a refund...my bad on how a paid for the rifle.. thats on me for trusting people)
After that I've never gave JSAR a second thought..and excepted the fact I got screwed (some what..i do at times PM people warning them about JSAR if I happen on a thread of someone that doesn't know the history) Hopefully under new ownership Matt can make it work. Possibly a name change would help?? Call it anything but JSAR...I personally hear that companies name and get aggravated (as well as others I'm sure if they choose to even bother reading anything posted about a JSAR rifle like I just did)

To the OP... I am truly happy your experience has went well and the new owner is taking care of you. Hopefully that never changes

It would be wise to treat JSAR as a new business. Matthew has history with this company and is doing his best to produce a quality, USA made product that he has faith in. Seems like everyone knows the history of this company and that it is under new ownership. All I can share is my experience. Give the company a chance. They are solid and accurate guns.

Here is a little plinking video. Not the best quality, it’s a phone Sideshot system. 50 and 90 yards. I think the shot cycle is not as refined as it should be. There might be some hammer bounce happening. Went from 295 bar to 193 bar in 45 shots. I think it can be a little more efficient than that. Anyhow, you are able to see and hear the shot cycle below.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_