• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

JSAR rifles

@Franklink - I figured as much, thank you. I'm curious how JSAR expects anyone else to know that without any kind of user manual.

That's been a gripe (no manual) since customers first started getting Raptors in-hand. Wait til you go to start tuning that bad boy for consistency-it can be done, but it's an exercise in patience. Lots of time and pellets over the chrono to get the striker/hammer tension/regulator all balanced, and there's no good directions anywhere, on how to do it. 

Overall, sweet guns with lots of potential. They're best set up at a specific power level with a specific projectile (or similar weighted projectiles) and left there. Tinkering with the power level to experiment with accuracy results/power output etc will drive you nuts. in short, cool guns, but power levels are not easily adjusted. That was ultimately why I sold mine, just didn't have the time that tuning it required, and I'm a curious enough airgunner that I was always wanting to experiment with different power and projectiles. Would be great for a set it and forget it type personality (but that's not me). 

I would like to buy one of these rifles but the long wait to receive them discourages me

My long wait was significantly extended due to lack of communication between personnel at the factory. I'd spitball an estimate of about 6 months for most orders. Still a long wait but, keep in mind, they are custom made. 

@Martin.1965 - From what I've heard, Travis no longer works at JSAR.