• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

JSAR rifles

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=170135.0

Had no idea JSAR has been going through all these changes. What a mess. I first dealt with Travis back when he was part of W.A.R. He left W.A.R half way through my order and handed me over to Jim. I have to credit Jim for helping me get my order sorted out eventually. Even though it took almost a year for my 357 Flex to be delivered, Jim was there to support W.A.R products all the way after Travis left. 

I trust Jim and would buy from him again, but with Travis, I am not so sure. I wish JSAR the best of luck. I still have my 357 W.A.R Flex and it is a solid well built rifle all around - TJ barrel, Timney trigger, Cothran valve, etc... It’s a keeper for sure.

This is just too bad.

They showed so much promise and a great product design. I would love to support a great airgun made almost local to me. I had one briefly but changed directions before barely getting a chance to play with it.

I hope they can get it together before their reputation is too far gone.

I agree. A lot of promise. Hopefully their not breaking other promises they've made. 

Over the months. 5 emails. Serveral phone calls. Ne answer. Their customer service sucks!

I'm coming up on a YEAR chasing this order! I'm very understanding that things happen, machines break, orders get backed up. And, with C-19 wreaking havoc all over the world, I wouldn't assume that they were not affected. However, responding to emails and phone calls shouldn't be sacrificed. 

I tried calling and emailing them many times with no answer. Atleast let me know you got my messages. I dont know why american companies can't provide good customer service. I had similar experience years ago with American Air Arms

I feel the exact same way. It's a sign of respect to give a customer feedback to their inquiry. Even if it's not what they wanted to hear, some kind of news is better than silence. Thank goodness not all american companies are this way. The ones that are tend to fade out quickly and that's what I've already been noticing about this brand. 

Isn't Motorhead supposed to get things back in order for them?

Nope .... was there for about a month doing my best to get there shop set up correctly, be another set of eyes and ears and hands while trying to better the product from inside the manufacturing / assembly source. While there got out the door maybe 25 rifles. Covid-19 hit and by @ March 20th every thing started locking down in Oregon & California. I went back home to Ca never to be contacted again by JSAR to continue working for them, consulting or otherwise ... really really odd, but not really being about on par to what i had been witnessing for management while there.

Travis announced his official retirement from JSAR shortly there after and then he too was gone. This leaves the 2 machinists doing double duty to make parts and assemble the guns, test and do service chores along with the owner to keep the operation alive and where where JSAR is at to this day best i know ?

Unfortunately, my big dollar order is already in and paid for. Thanks anyway!

A good friend, well known airgunner here on AGN, was in the same situation a while back. He ended up reaching out to PayPal & logged a complaint. He got a reply and his money back relatively quickly after that. Pretty sure a Credit Card would be able to achieve similar results. 

Anyone who is an entrepreneur knows,the desire and satisfaction of building a business. They also know that, being a mechanic doesn't mean you can run a shop.

High hopes and dreams are quickly usurped by a defective business plan, a dearth of quality employees, under capitilzation, an undependable parts supply. And lastly a misjudgment of customer demand . Which, if any, of these factors play a part, I can not know. Yet, from 50 years business experience, 1 or more of these factors are surely in play.

I have high Hope's fore the Raptors success. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! 

Good Luck!