JSAR Raptor question

Yes there are RAPTORS out and getting used ... the Majority of which on not on these AG forums posting about it..

As too accuracy potential of MOA or less .. certainly so with the correct ammunition and speed applied. 

Bigger issue with the Accuracy Q is the Shooters ability to break shots that are consistently possible to land on said target MOA accurate ? This is HUGE and one's EGO of I'm a good shot has nothing to do with one's actual capabilities. 

Don't take this personally ... any one, OP or otherwise.

If such accuracy was easy just because of the AG's we shoot are, then near everyone would be a marksman & that's just not reality.

Scott S

My opinion on this goes as follows. There are three variables that come to play: the equipment , the shooter , and conditions.

I’ve heard comments made on the forum that it’s easy to accomplish MOA and I’ve seen groups posted that frankly I do not believe. 

To answer the questions “ does anyone have a raptor that can shoot 1” or less at 100 ROUTINELY?” I’m going to say NO.

I’d like to ask “does anyone have a raptor (or any other gun) that can shoot 1” or less given perfect conditions occasionally? I be real happy with that gun. Routinely I don’t believe it. Just too many variables mostly shooter abilities. 

I consider myself a so-so shot. But we all know good PCPs group more accurately than most can hold. I’ve handed my PCPs to non-shooters and within a few shots after being told where to hold they are powdering chalk pieces at 50 yards. As for settling in? Lots of guys post up after getting their new toys. Just to show what they can do "out the box".

i just came in from powdering pieces of chalk from 40 to 64 yards in the dark using Crosman 14.3 premiers. Here is my awesome Bantam with a Lumenshooter light attached. These were all first round hits. The chalk are my targets.

1574204360_17815404995dd473c8af9400.41926556_6E92E9DD-7B8A-4855-AC05-98D002BDEC5C.jpeg

Would like to see some Raptor owners posting up about shooting, pesting, hunting or plain old plinking with their guns.

I suspect there are very few of the guns in customers hands. 

The picture of the .20 Raptor on Facebook from Nov 8th (yes it's my gun and no I don't have it yet) shows a serial number of #0000000023. 

I dunno if they're using sequential breech blocks or just grabbing them outta a pile randomly, but it kinda makes me think that there's only #22 Raptor variants out and about. 

As to whether or not they'll shoot MOA, I'd sure love to find out, real soon. Really, this is a question of whether or not a particular LW or TJ barrel is capable of shooting MOA. 

Yes there are RAPTORS out and getting used ... the Majority of which on not on these AG forums posting about it..

As too accuracy potential of MOA or less .. certainly so with the correct ammunition and speed applied. 

Bigger issue with the Accuracy Q is the Shooters ability to break shots that are consistently possible to land on said target MOA accurate ? This is HUGE and one's EGO of I'm a good shot has nothing to do with one's actual capabilities. 

If such accuracy was easy just because of the AG's we shoot are, then near everyone would be a marksman & that's just not reality.

Scott S

I wonder what the response would have been if instead of "Raptor" The question began "Daystate" or "Fx"

It goes with out saying the shooter has to be competent. The question is "Is the Raptor a MOA gun?"

Scott S

I wonder what the response would have been if instead of "Raptor" The question began "Daystate" or "Fx"

It goes with out saying the shooter has to be competent. The question is "Is the Raptor a MOA gun?"

Didn't glean any information from the whole thread huh?