• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

JSAR Raptor experience?

Use the search function and search for JSAR or Raptor. You'll find mostly negative feedback on both the company and the gun. It was quite the overall letdown.

those guys waited longer to get those rifles than most kept them...a guy brought one to me as he knew I had pcp rifles and it was like a bigger mrod type of rifle that needed tuned to shoot well.he thought for the money he paid he should not have to mess with it.other raptors may have shot well but this one didn't.i think he returned it and was refunded the payment after having to file a claim with PP.he then bought an 25 FX dreamline classic and a yong heng to fill the dreamline.needless to say he very happy with the dreamline,it shoots great straight out of the box...

The prior mouthpiece for JSAR might be considered the Jim Jones of Airgun Kool Aid distributors.

It has taken me months of work, tweeking and machining small custom parts to get my .308 to shoot worth anything. Very accurate at 60 yards but struggles at 100 yards for accuracy. Strangely enough accuracy returns somewhat at nearly 300 yards with a 55 grain Nielsen. I have yet to manage to get the power from it for heavier (95 to 100+ grain) projectiles. I am still playing with it. It is definitely not a stock Raptor at this point. It is a LONG term project.

My dealings directly with JSAR's owner (Jacob) have all been exceptionally good! He even provided a number of free parts for my gun.

They had a rocky start with pre-orders, being two of the main players walked away at the beginning of those orders needing to be filled. Then the pandemic hit about the same time and there were supply shortages after that, being they have some non-American parts to them.

I had plan to buy a Raptor, but then saw the writing on the wall and got an FX Impact instead. I am super pleased with that decision. My personal feeling on the Raptor is that they would be at high risk for failure with how the valve is constructed. If they went with a more reliable valve system, that would change my thinking on the Raptor. That's if the company can survive the backlash of a failed pre-order fiasco...I think they can in time, hopefully.

Me too was really excited about that gun, but somehow (intuition? 6th sense?) decided early on that this buy was not going to be good for my health and moved on the Priest and I can't be happier, the Priest is not for everyone but it's working really well for my hunting needs.

Looks like that “intuition” saved you from a big headache. I think that Praying Mantis (Priest) you got is pretty BA and has opened up a bunch of ideas & opportunities. Solid move! 

Me too was really excited about that gun, but somehow (intuition? 6th sense?) decided early on that this buy was not going to be good for my health and moved on the Priest and I can't be happier, the Priest is not for everyone but it's working really well for my hunting needs.

Looks like that “intuition” saved you from a big headache. I think that Praying Mantis (Priest) you got is pretty BA and has opened up a bunch of ideas & opportunities. Solid move!

Thanks my friend! Always appreciate a good advice!

Good call Scott.

With your reputation, the very last thing you need is to be associated with someone of questionable integrity.

Thanks for all that you share openly, and thanks for the veiled hints and clues that you drop along the way as well. Trade secrets are what they are, but the astute reader can glean much knowledge and insight from your random musings!

Jacob sent the updated trigger group for mine and it has changed it complet persona. I Had issues at first. as Ordered a slug shooter and rec's a pellet gun. I don't really shoot pellets. I ended up installing first a as yet back then FX Superior Heavy liner inm .22. It shot ok, but not stellar. Next I installed a Brownells Gunsmithing Supply Redmans .22 liner that came in at .2227. Man,it is a laser. I used heavy CF Twill tubing on both in double layers for a very still, yet very light Bull Barrel configuration.

I do feel bad for them. Lost the two lead machinist, CF Bottle shortages,Virus. One hit after the other. Terrible!

I was very frustrated with the gun, and my wife suggested that Sell it and order a custom Impact. Issue is It is stellar now!

I found and corrected the valve issues and it is dead reliable now.

Cold front passing thru to day in Central Tx.. 25-26 north wind, wit up to 37 mph gust. But I had to try my latest creation out. A HP modded NOE cc-1 mold that I added a slider and hp pins. It was just an experiment. Woha! Most accurate slug in .22 wind and all I have ever seen. three shots, three hits on steel at 76 to 80 yards dead on and all touching. Iam including a pic of groups, one a 10 shot with 9 in
DSC02545.1601323480.JPG
DSC02642.1601323504.JPG
DSC02656.1601323545.JPG
DSC02655.1601323564.JPG
DSC02646.1601323580.JPG
DSC02627.1601323609.JPG
DSC02546.1601323657.JPG
the same hole. Not a ragged hole, but one single round hole!. I will include a pic or two of the mold, slugs and the gun as it appeared a month ago. And a pic of the Removed choke and cf sleeved .250 barrel and my slugs. The 
DSC02646.1601323787.JPG
.2227 slg is going to defistating on vermin! Knife

DSC02544.1601323457.JPG

Knife

Jacob sent the updated trigger group for mine and it has changed it complet persona. I Had issues at first. as Ordered a slug shooter and rec's a pellet gun. I don't really shoot pellets. I ended up installing first a as yet back then FX Superior Heavy liner inm .22. It shot ok, but not stellar. Next I installed a Brownells Gunsmithing Supply Redmans .22 liner that came in at .2227. Man,it is a laser. I used heavy CF Twill tubing on both in double layers for a very still, yet very light Bull Barrel configuration.

I do feel bad for them. Lost the two lead machinist, CF Bottle shortages,Virus. One hit after the other. Terrible!

I was very frustrated with the gun, and my wife suggested that Sell it and order a custom Impact. Issue is It is stellar now!

I found and corrected the valve issues and it is dead reliable now.

Cold front passing thru to day in Central Tx.. 25-26 north wind, wit up to 37 mph gust. But I had to try my latest creation out. A HP modded NOE cc-1 mold that I added a slider and hp pins. It was just an experiment. Woha! Most accurate slug in .22 wind and all I have ever seen. three shots, three hits on steel at 76 to 80 yards dead on and all touching. Iam including a pic of groups, one a 10 shot with 9 in
DSC02545.1601323480.JPG
DSC02642.1601323504.JPG
DSC02656.1601323545.JPG
DSC02655.1601323564.JPG
DSC02646.1601323580.JPG
DSC02627.1601323609.JPG
DSC02546.1601323657.JPG
the same hole. Not a ragged hole, but one single round hole!. I will include a pic or two of the mold, slugs and the gun as it appeared a month ago. And a pic of the Removed choke and cf sleeved .250 barrel and my slugs. The 
DSC02646.1601323787.JPG
.2227 slg is going to defistating on vermin!

It now supports an Accu-Tac SR-5 G2 on an extended rail and a Zeiss Scope, so it is ever evolving. The shrouds are now silicone rubber clad and using both theN.Clague and Donny Fl, wichis theShoGun verson.

DSC02544.1601323457.JPG

Knife