JSAR Raptor .30

Recent post from them over on the GTA states the raptor is shooting NSA 66 gr slugs at 950~ FPS! That’s some power right there, and right out of the box. Plus you have the ability to tune it down to 70-80 fpe for pellets. Glad to see this American made rifle is coming along nicely, and you don’t have to wait for some kit to make power. 

Anyone else excited for these rifles? I’m going to try one for sure!

Matt

The problem running strings is everyone wants to know something that relates to what they have in mind such as a 3k fill shooting 44.75 Jsb at 880 or a 4K fill shooting 50 grain Jsb at 930 so it requires many different strings to accomplish all the variables so we decided to make strings filling to 3500 shooting at 900 FPS with the most common JSB Ammo so you can easily figure out if filling higher is in your spectrum for more shots or shooting faster or slower for more or less shots per fill. We will have guns in customer hands next week (finally) so much more data will be available. For more detailed in call Travis at JSAR ext.2 he’s happy to answer any technical question. Thanks JSAR

If anyone has been following the JSAR history , you could bet that the guns can be tuned to pretty much as efficient as any other manufacturer out there . Efficiency for a big bore usually hovers around the 1bar/ci , pellet shooters at modest power are getting closer to the 2bar/ci . As far as the accuracy goes , that should be a mute point as Travis was going to put a guarantee of MOA on every rifle . They have done their homework on this one . If it were available up here in Canada , I would have hit the buy button already. 

Has anyone actually received one of the Raptors yet? I have been hearing rumors about when they were going to begin shipping them since before last Christmas! So far I have not seen any unboxing pictures or targets yet...I was putting off buying one until I could see some member feedback, but now I am wondering if anyone even received one yet?

You could be right this was the first time I shot them and I havent tried different pressures or speeds and Nielsen has other ammo hes sending to try out who knows how good it can get just yet.

can you tell me what do we need from going for example from 177 to .30?

only barrel and reg pressure chAnge? 

or we can change for example valve spring tension too?

do we have that much flexibility?