"

Raptor: Species of bird that primarily hunt and feed on vertebrates that are large relative to the hunter. Additionally, they have keen eyesight for detecting food at a distance or during flight, strong feet equipped with talons for grasping or killing prey, and powerful, curved beaks for tearing flesh. The term raptor is derived from the Latin word rapio, meaning to seize or take by force.

Sounds pretty cool to me.

Right right.

Raptor airgun ammo, the original ( modern ) "1,000fps" hype pellet. And the first 3 pages of google - Raptor airgun - on my browser pulled up 3+ pages of Gamo Raptor and not another thing.

I DO want to shoot on no matter the name but yes it does seem a very odd name selection to me from a business point of view.

John

I’m picking up what you’re putting down now. Didn’t know about that other crap. I try to stay clear of it and keep from tracking it in the house.

👆🏼This got me a negative on accuracy. Although what I said was true. Just another example of not using the accuracy rating correctly. Someone needs to grow thicker skin. I recommend being seen by your gynecologist as I suspends a yeast infection may be contributing to irritability.

Welcome to the club Derrick. Some folks just live to pass out those red balls? Got my first one after 4 yrs of being on here? Don't know how I made it that long without one? Would be nice if they would sign their name to it?

Fuss

Looks like possibly my next new airgun. It has quite the offerings. I like the sidelever that is easy to cock due to the new gen 2 SS valve which is reported to have a steel poppet. No more plastic/Delrin to deteriorate. I also like the built-in mag holders, externally adjustable regulator, separate gauges for the reg and HPA, Foster fill nipple, the ability to lockdown the HS setting and the large 5/8" barrel that is tensioned and doesn't need barrel supports. It is also light, and powerful. I don't know everything about the Raptor, but based on those videos and what I have read about, it looks like the gun to have. I am one that has to wait for the strings and long range groups to be posted, but it looks like a gun that will offer a lot of features for a price that should be much more. That many features for the price really gets my attention.

I’m waiting on the shot string and long range accuracy as well, a .30 150 fpe slug gun would be my ultimate long range setup! 

Two years ago, I would have said you needed to be in .308 territory and an Extreme, PBBA, etc. platform. Interesting time indeed, so many advancements in a short time. The challenge will be a projectile and fitting into mag. Its an 80gr at 920fps, sounds interesting.

I think Travis is just teasing us a little to start. This gun could be perfect refined WAR gun that is a little harder to get these days. Looks like 22" barrel is standard. I'm looking for shot strings in the different calibers together with reg pressure and ammo specs. Real sweet price point for a USA made gun that should be a great platform to play with. Thanks for the effort Travis.....hope it goes well for you!

Cheers,Scott