Joseph Schulz Founder of JSB - RIP

I once bought some Crosman Premier 10.5's in a 1250 box, well 3 of those. Inside the first sealed box I was disgusted to find 22 cal pellets, and CP lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was JSB's from then on and those 10.3's have helped me win a ton of FT matches with!

So thanks Joseph, his family as well, and his employees, for putting out the best pellets made!

Sad to see visionary airgunners move on. I hope Mr. Joseph Shulz's legacy goes on unfettered. His products spurred many of us to seek even higher levels of accuracy from our airguns. May he rest in peace.

While respecting the Passing of JSB's founder, please also remember Joseph's good friend in America, Mr. Boris Plesinger, (founder of Top Gun airguns in Az.) who introduced and imported most all the JSB pellets, as well as many little known air rifles and pistols from his homeland to the US, such as models from Brno, and CZ we had never seen. Boris passed in November of 2016, and was my friend since the mid 90's.

Thank you for sharing about Boris Plesinger. 👍🏼

🔆 I am very thankful to those who have made our hobby possible — especially at this time where a whole lot of innovation and technology is coming together to increase performance in so many areas: 

🔶Precision (barrels, high quality pellets, regulators even in budget PCPs — "throwing down the Gauntlet!"),

🔶Maximum useful range (powerful PCPs — without hold-sensitivity, high quality pellets, slugs),

🔶Killing power (PCPs, price point magnum springers),

🔶Wind drift resistance (high BC pellets — cf. Hugh Earl's inventions at Prometheus (UK), and of course slugs that aren't much more expensive than high quality pellets anymore — thsnks to pioneer Niels of NSA for example),

🔶Precision and versatility in the aim (good quality glass and repeatable turrets and large magnification ranges often far below $500 — Discovery and Vector brands, Falcon, Athlon, many others),

🔶Convenience in the aim (first focal plane scopes, in all magnifications and sizes — often far below $500),

🔶Precision in calculating pellet trajectory (full ballistic calculators — in my pocket!, BC lists, GA drag model [ChairGun], chronographs — accessible!),

🔶Portability and concealment (bullpups, powerful PCP pistols, PCP's mousefart quiteness with legal silencers and shrouds),

🔶Fixing & modding without needing a gunsmith ($!) or much technical experience (sharing knowledge and advice on our forums [Bob Sterne and many many others!]),

🔶TT&C Looks — the Traditional and the Tactical look, and the Colorful look (with laminate stocks and ceracote) — whatever floats your boat...! 😊

❌ If I'm not mistaken, 20 years ago most of these things were not really attainable for the "regular guy" like me —

who is buying of the shelf equipment, can't spend many thousand dollars on this hobby, and isn't an experienced tinkerer to begin with....

What a great time to be an airgunner! 😄

Matthias 😊