FX Johan from FX talking about the DRS Video

Thanks for posting the second video about woody. But now I’m nervous. The one I preordered looks like the one he’s holding. But if you listen, there is another plain Jane walnut stock that’s cheaper. I hope when they arrive at the dealer they don’t just ship us something we didn’t order if they only get the plain Jane’s. I will have an issue with that.

To me it’s nothing more than a dreamline classic with a relocated tank and plenum. New name to suck money from the wallet too I guess. Maybe there is more I’m not seeing 🤷‍♂️
There’s enough more and that’s why I ordered one. Considerably more than a DL. Even if power levels would be the same, how it’s delivered is key. Not to mention a barrel that you can actually lean on something.

I heard that also. Hope I never have issues that would force me to feel I need one. The gun has nice lines without a nutsack hanging off the bottom of it.

LOL! Well I figured it would be easy to just drill a hole on the bottom and have a small gauge there with a cover. My FX regs have been rock solid for a long time but I still have a habit of checking it.

Reactions: Impact701
for the plenum
for the BIG plenum, the smaller ones dont seen to have a place to put one.
with big plenum i am also thinking have gauge on the back of it, so it would sit right under trigger guard.
Or a 90 deg angle adapter in that bottom drain plug to have the gauge sit flush with the back side of the MAG

Thanks for posting the second video about woody. But now I’m nervous. The one I preordered looks like the one he’s holding. But if you listen, there is another plain Jane walnut stock that’s cheaper. I hope when they arrive at the dealer they don’t just ship us something we didn’t order if they only get the plain Jane’s. I will have an issue with that.
The one in the second video is the higher grade wood stock, you can tell by the black part on the fore stock. The regular wood the fore stock is all wood

for the BIG plenum, the smaller ones dont seen to have a place to put one.
with big plenum i am also thinking have gauge on the back of it, so it would sit right under trigger guard.
Or a 90 deg angle adapter in that bottom drain plug to have the gauge sit flush with the back side of the MAG

I’m hoping they can put one directly under the small plenum. Keyword is hope, granted I’m not going to lose sleep over it if it doesn’t since it’s going to my dedicated field target rifle or I won’t be tweaking it at all after the initial tune.

Hehe just noticed on FX parts drawing the very smallest sub 12 plenum, look to just be a plug, there is no holed in it for air to get into it.
sub12 plenum.jpg

The middle size plenum it do look to have a " plug " on the R side of it, at least the parts list for #60 read " Plug 1/8'' " it also look to have a plug on the front of it. drawing however look to be different size.
Okay so this have volume for the MID size plenum, that #60 plug on the right though, as i recall from seeing the rifles on Pics and videos that plenum do not stick down sufficient enough for putting a gauge there, and that is probably why the drawing was altered to a smaller " bleed" screw there, even if part list say #60 = 1/8" plug
So in the case of the MID sized plenum the factory option are just a gauge in the front of the plenum, and even here i have my doubts there is room for it,
The fabrication inclined of us, could probably drill the plenum from the bottom up and make a 1/8" thread there for a gauge.

I dunno maybe its just me right now, but i suddenly feel this might be a bit rushed.,

small plenum.jpg

The big plenum on the other hand, just filled with plugs, and the option for a angled gauge like on some older FX rifles. ( unsure if that is a option on both L and R side )
I suppose you could put a gauge in any of those " plugs " but for drawing #49 it just say plug for DRS plenum, no mention of thread size on those.
I suppose those are really there as acces points for CNC machine to hollow out the bigger plenum volume.

TBH i am a bit embarrassed i did not notice the first day i posted those parts drawings here, after all reading drawings are part of my 2 educations.
Once you see it, it is really self explanatory.

Last edited:
The one in the second video is the higher grade wood stock, you can tell by the black part on the fore stock. The regular wood the fore stock is all wood
I’m simply going off the picture of the gun on the website I preordered from. When I clicked walnut, it had a black tip. Then I clicked buy. If a plane Jane would have popped up, I wouldn’t have clicked buy. I guess I’ll have to call them.

Reactions: Peashooter
I’m simply going off the picture of the gun on the website I preordered from. When I clicked walnut, it had a black tip. Then I clicked buy. If a plane Jane would have popped up, I wouldn’t have clicked buy. I guess I’ll have to call them.
Then I think you got the better grade, but just in case like peashooter said. That grade 2 is so nice, I'd be afraid to take it out of the house

I suppose, if you have the tools and skill, that little piece of rosewood in the front, couldent you do that yourself.

Now me being a old guy with some skills and not burned by a job, if i had a little wood shop that was things i might meddle with in the cold winter nights.
Actually maybe do a little wood or other exotic stuff inlay, cuz it is nice to have something the other boys do not have.
And these days with laser engravers / cutters and CAD, well one could whip something up even if one are not really blessed with artistic skills, i mean follow the lines just about anyone can do that.

I contacted HPP today. They said they only have so much info on the gun but think they will be getting more info soon. I think the preorder said non refundable but if it’s not the gun posted on the website, I’ll be on the fence about trying to get my money back. If they only produced the plastic version, I wouldn’t have even read about it or wanted one. Even if it shot 1,000fps at 100b with a 500mm barrel. My guns are tools but I like good looking tools. Keeps you mindful of what you’re doing. And like my dad said, a banged up nice gun is still better looking than a cheap plastic gun. I would like to see the cheaper walnut stock. Or maybe the pictures we are seeing are of the mid grade stock. Seems odd that there’s not even one picture of both anywhere. Unless they both have black caps. One painted and one rosewood.

I contacted HPP today. They said they only have so much info on the gun but think they will be getting more info soon. I think the preorder said non refundable but if it’s not the gun posted on the website, I’ll be on the fence about trying to get my money back. If they only produced the plastic version, I wouldn’t have even read about it or wanted one. Even if it shot 1,000fps at 100b with a 500mm barrel. My guns are tools but I like good looking tools. Keeps you mindful of what you’re doing. And like my dad said, a banged up nice gun is still better looking than a cheap plastic gun. I would like to see the cheaper walnut stock. Or maybe the pictures we are seeing are of the mid grade stock. Seems odd that there’s not even one picture of both anywhere. Unless they both have black caps. One painted and one rosewood.
There's a picture of both on the other DRS thread. I think it's "new FX DRS classic, pro, and "light?"" thread. Page two. I'd repost the pictures or a link to that thread, but I'm not great with the internet. Honestly, they both look good. I'm not sure which I'll be going with.