Joe is really angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not going to watch it, I think the guy is knowledgeable and honest in his reviews, I just can’t tolerate the vulgarity. It’s not necessary. Sadly the society we live in today has become accustomed to it, it’s a shame, it doesn’t say much for a man’s character. Just my opinion.
While I agree that the vulgarity is not necessary, it is a part of this mans makeup. I spent almost 30 years in the home remodeling/construction trade and swearing is an infused part of my speech. Bred to the bone if you will. It became the way I was developed over the decades. Joe's life was similar although I don't remember what blue collar trade he was in. I have spoken with him over the years ever since I started following him back when he had something like 800 subscribers. Over the years, he has really pushed the lines with some vids - midget strippers, etc. and some of his tighter group of friends advised to chill out a bit with the more outlandish stuff. His goal as he stated to me was, "I'm just trying to have fun making videos". He also mentions that he is not trying to be the end all authority on scopes and such, in fact he will recommend other scope reviewers for real detailed reviews - tibosaurus rex for example.

Now it's much easier for me to watch him than you given the expletive laced background that I have, and I respect your position on the vulgarity, it's not necessary , it's just immature guys - like me, relaxing and having fun. But here is a suggestion, under his videos, in the comment section, if you ask him a question, he will respond quickly. He will actually give you a serious opinion for the most part, without all the colorful language.
The guys character is rock solid, yes he is rough around the edges, and a bit juvenile. But too valuable a resource of information not to use. He's been priceless to me and has saved me thousands on wasted scope acquisitions. For that, I'll tolerate the antics for the substance of the review.

To make the best of this, I'd reach out to Joe and ask if you can PM him about scopes and ask him his honest no frills assessment about them. You would also appreciate it greatly if he did so without the colorful language. He'll still make his videos his way, but you can get his input the way you would like it, off the record, so to speak.

No my friend, I don’t hate anybody.
Better man than I!
While I agree that the vulgarity is not necessary, it is a part of this mans makeup. I spent almost 30 years in the home remodeling/construction trade and swearing is an infused part of my speech. Bred to the bone if you will. It became the way I was developed over the decades. Joe's life was similar although I don't remember what blue collar trade he was in. I have spoken with him over the years ever since I started following him back when he had something like 800 subscribers. Over the years, he has really pushed the lines with some vids - midget strippers, etc. and some of his tighter group of friends advised to chill out a bit with the more outlandish stuff. His goal as he stated to me was, "I'm just trying to have fun making videos". He also mentions that he is not trying to be the end all authority on scopes and such, in fact he will recommend other scope reviewers for real detailed reviews - tibosaurus rex for example.

Now it's much easier for me to watch him than you given the expletive laced background that I have, and I respect your position on the vulgarity, it's not necessary , it's just immature guys - like me, relaxing and having fun. But here is a suggestion, under his videos, in the comment section, if you ask him a question, he will respond quickly. He will actually give you a serious opinion for the most part, without all the colorful language.
The guys character is rock solid, yes he is rough around the edges, and a bit juvenile. But too valuable a resource of information not to use. He's been priceless to me and has saved me thousands on wasted scope acquisitions. For that, I'll tolerate the antics for the substance of the review.

To make the best of this, I'd reach out to Joe and ask if you can PM him about scopes and ask him his honest no frills assessment about them. You would also appreciate it greatly if he did so without the colorful language. He'll still make his videos his way, but you can get his input the way you would like it, off the record, so to speak.
Spot on. My Grandpa owned a commercial hot tar roofing company, my dad started a roofing company after him, and I owned one for 13 years after him (still dabble when I am needed). You bet vulgarity is absolutely an embedded part of my personality and I find it pretty ridiculous that my character would come into question because of it. I'm more likely to question the character of someone who judges character based on vernacular, for they exude the aire of arrogance and a come off as having god complex.

In my opinion.

Absolutely agree. I recall a phone conversation I had with Joe way back when he very first started doing vids and he was an absolute joy to talk with. I'm an Army vet so there's nothing he can say that I havent already said or heard so that doesnt bother me. I enjoy his vids. I know I'm not going to get fluff and I find them entertaining.

I find it pretty ridiculous that my character would come into question because of it. I'm more likely to question the character of someone who judges character based on vernacular, for they exude the aire of arrogance and a come off as having god complex.
💯% yes.

Joe tells like it is.....his way with words is nothing new to me ....lol 🤣 I worked 20+ years in grocery retail you better be prepared to be cused out every night. In the early 90's we had a co-manager would walk around with a hand taser if you weren't stocking the shelves fast enough you know it when 50000 volts running though your body.

• Haha
Reactions: steve123
Joe tells like it is.....his way with words is nothing new to me ....lol 🤣 I worked 20+ years in grocery retail you better be prepared to be cused out every night. In the early 90's we had a co-manager would walk around with a hand taser if you weren't stocking the shelves fast enough you know it when 50000 volts running though your body.
Never take abuse from anyone, we teach others how to treat us.

Based on nothing more than personal experience and gun show only hint. Think I know who he is talking about. Out of respect for Joe I won't mention them either. Doing so would only escalate his troubles. Hope members here will do the same. JR has worked his ass off and is honest in his reviews. Hate to see it all destroyed by the very people he's tried to help. Rock on Joe! If you happen to see this how about another mailbox video. Take care and carry-on brother.

• Haha
Reactions: GenXer
Based on nothing more than personal experience and gun show only hint. Think I know who he is talking about. Out of respect for Joe I won't mention them either. Doing so would only escalate his troubles. Hope members here will do the same. JR has worked his ass off and is honest in his reviews. Hate to see it all destroyed by the very people he's tried to help. Rock on Joe! If you happen to see this how about another mailbox video. Take care and carry-on brother.
😂😂😂What do you think they can do about it!?

NOTHING.

OSPREY GLOBAL is the company.

Half y'all acting like he's your best buddy and prob never met him in your life!

Hilarious that he made a video calling them 😺 but won't say their name because they sent him an email and he's scared of them now. Who's the real 😺

Just Google "Osprey scope junk"... They got a LOT of people to sue for opinions 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I understand Joe's background and understand that the "foul" language and profanity is part of Joe.

However, I truly believe he uses profanity to try and attract hits to his YT channel and THAT is a shame. It isn't working apparently.

If he would simply do honest reviews, like he has done years ago, I believe his channel would explode with hits and offers from manufacturers to review their scopes. Obviously that isn't going to happen unless he drops the unnecessary foul language.

Joe, long ago, stopped actually reviewing scopes especially the lower cost scopes, and started posting his Hitler and "midget" "shorts".

I asked him to review several lower end scopes and all I got was crickets...

About this same time, the "shorts" were almost all he posted. That is when I simply quit looking and unsubscribed to his channel. Seems to me that there are VERY few manufacturers who even want to have Joe review their scopes for the above reasons. And I don't blame them.

I bought a SWFA scope based on Joe's recommendation (several years ago) and although I still have that scope, it has never been used for long and is sitting on the DAR (Demon Air Rifle/Devil's Air Rifle/Damned Air Rifle) .177 that is dead to me.

Oh well, if you like Joe, then by all means support him. But there are a lot of folks like me who have grown tired of his juvenile foul language in videos that are publicly posted. Yeah, I use some of the same language, but I don't post it here or in videos.

Morals and ethics certainly have changed since I was young. And not for the better, IMHO.

All my best!

Kerry

Joe a real guy. His opinions are valid and grounded. I may have bought/sold with him at some point on a very yellow forum, back before influencers were a thing and Russ Best was still tuning springers.

His cursing might full put off some, for sure. Personally I find it hard to understand his point sometimes, since I associate curse words with emphasis and I distracted by trying to figure out where the emphasis belongs. It's not all emphasis, but maybe it is.

$50 gun show scopes are far away from where I shop and shoot. I don't consider myself a scope snob but in most cases, most of the time, you get what you pay for and the exceptions to this are modest. So you might get the same quality at $500 and $1000, but you won't get $3500 quality at $50.

His lawyer friend is right - you can be completely covered as far as possible liability but it will still cost you money to prove it in court. And big companies / wealthy individuals can definitely bully around individuals simply by accusing them of BS and making them spend money to prove it's BS. And they can quite significantly harass you into financial oblivion with lawsuits if they are sufficiently motivated. Welcome to America, where there is justice for all and the question is how much justice fits your budget.

• Haha
^^^ TOTAL BS!!!!!! There's not a DAMN thing they can do about him giving his opinion on their product!! GOOD LORD

It's a little thing called the CONSUMER REVIEW FAIRNESS ACT which specifically prohibits any company from pursuing any legal action in cases like this!! In fact JOE could sue THEM for even sending that FAKE cease and desist letter! It's called INTIMIDATION.

For God sake if you don't know don't act like you do!

Don't care how many people say otherwise you are WRONG I've been through it with the motorcycle industry AND the skateboard industry!! OSPREY is the one skating on thin ice!

Last edited:
I agree....but in the 90's our area was a ghost town and we were in a recession...so either take it or the bills didn't get paid and food wasn't put on the table...plus it being a right to work state doesn't help matters.....
I was there not far from you raising my sons alone and feeding us 1 meal a day on 5 to 7 dollars per week going as many as 5 days at a time with no food for myself so the boys didn't miss a meal. I don't believe in welfare for able bodied people so I loaded up the push mower after work every day and mowed lawns for whatever a person offered. I still didn't take any guff. I learned early in life that it's better to face problems head on than to back up, if you get what I mean. I never slacked off on a job either so I never gave a reason. We teach people how to treat us.

Funny story, but I would've probably laid him out for that. Better than the felony assault he'd get nowadays for it.

I also wouldn't be getting tased since I don't F off at work. I went independent because of all the slack jaws that don't do their jobs anymore.

I was there not far from you raising my sons alone and feeding us 1 meal a day on 5 to 7 dollars per week going as many as 5 days at a time with no food for myself so the boys didn't miss a meal. I don't believe in welfare for able bodied people so I loaded up the push mower after work every day and mowed lawns for whatever a person offered. I still didn't take any guff. I learned early in life that it's better to face problems head on than to back up, if you get what I mean. I never slacked off on a job either so I never gave a reason. We teach people how to treat us.
I admire your personal morals and ethics. While I never had to do what you did, I have made do on only dried pinto beans, cornbread and milk.

I think it cost me less than $10 per week back in 1999 or 2000... I don't remember dates well these days.

Anyway, as I said, I like your morals and ethics. Hopefully our sons will understand and use them to their avail.

Of course I can't speak of the P word on AGN... as AGN is ONLY interested in the bottom line. $$$$$$$ (frown)

All my best!

Kerry

Last edited:
Reactions: heavy-impact
I didn't never got tased I guess it was the huge knife I wear on my side during work. Used it to cut up produce so they couldn't say anything...lol 😆
But yeah I knew a few guys who got zapped...it wasn't funny...I told the store manager if someone has a heart issue your going to jail with him because he knew he was doing it.....the co-manager stop bring in the Taser in the store.....most of these managers were in there 30's then they didn't live to see 50!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.