Joe Brancato Alpha Filter - how do you mount it?

So I've got the filter from Joe and it says to use it vertically but there's no mounting bracket or even a screw hole anywhere to attach it to something.

How are you guys securing yours?

So far I've thought about standing my tank upright and bungee cording the alpha to the tank or maybe drilling 2 holes in my plywood mounting surface and using zip ties as a "U-bolt" to secure it to the wood.

"Mick-VA"When you received this Alpha filter, did it come with instructions for how to maintain it? How often, instructions for disassembly, filter media?

Any web links or documents?

Thanks
Not in the traditional sense. It has a sticker on it with some basic instructions and a web link for more information however that web link gives a 404 error.

"OkThunder"I just replaced mine a month or so ago after 2 yrs of use, it looked like i could have used it 2 more years.
Hi Thunder - Can you further define "replaced mine?"
  1. Did you buy an entire new Alpha filter unit?
  2. Did you just disassemble and replace the filter media?
  3. Where did you find instructions for disassembly, type of media to use, and maintenance intervals?
  4. "After 2 years use" - How many hours of compressor run time and which compressor?
    [/LIST=1]

I had the same question. I know you can replace the media but when do you know if the media that is currently being used saturated? I called Joe and he gave me the runaround but mentioned I can buy a new cartridge for it. I am paranoid about water in my system and have spent a couple thousand dollars trying to keep it moisture free as possible. All of my components can be checked if there is moisture in it, but this filter is impossible to tell. I've had it for about 2 years now and would just like to know when to pull it apart. Does the media in it turn a different color? Can you see the media? Is the owners nervousness an accurate indication? Joe, you need to chime in on this.

Joe has an excellent video on the Alpha, how it works, and installation. I now have a better understanding of how these things work. A follow up video on maintainence, frequency, materials, and how to would be an excellent follow on video which would be very instructional for the AG community.

It would certainly help fill a gap in my knowledge on these filters and help me decide which one to buy. I bought a Diablo in the past and lasted a couple months. I have no clue as to its effectiveness. How does one go about measuring, with data, the amount of moisture in your compressed air with or without a specific filter? It's a great expensive paper weight now. No air will flow through it up to 4600psi cut off point of my compressor. Can't find any instructions on this filter (nor did it come with any when new) to see if and how it comes apart for maintainence.

As far as that goes, I've never seen a head to head comparison of these devices with objective data. Pretty pricey purchase based on faith alone.

Just remember at compressing session end to let the pressure out of the filter at the bottom to allow any water to come out if you don't the Medea will absorb it leading to a shorter life. Then close after water drains so the atmosphere moisture won't get in unless you live in the desert.Also make sure the alpha filter is always kept upright so what water condenses in it stays at the bottom were it can be drained when you stop compressing.

@okthunder. - that is incredibly useful information that describes the process and ease of maintainence. I have been unable to locate any details on maintainence, and their intervals and process anywhere on an American website on these types of moisture filter products from any manufacturer.

You give a good description on your average use of the compressor. How often do you change the filter media and what indicates that you need to do so?

Thank you!