• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Joe B. $400.00 Filter, Worth the Money?

OK with that in mind, would this unit from tuxing be a good option? Anyone know if it comes with the necessary hardware to connect to foster fittings.

Appologies to bfloyd for kind of hi-jacking this thread! Hope this info is of use to you also.
Phil,
Don't see anything wrong with those Tuxing filters, just not seeing any coalescing action. If you search eBay, "Yong Heng filters," about halfway down page, you'll see the copper-colored coalescing filter from my picture for $149. Scroll thru the diagrams which explain how the coalescing filter works, then compare to the Tuxing. The cotton-filled cylinder would trap moisture, but I wouldn't consider it on par with the coalescing filter. WM

Reactions: Phil.Probe
I bought one of these, arrived today: https://www.ebay.com/itm/192985783901
filter.png

Phil,
Don't see anything wrong with those Tuxing filters, just not seeing any coalescing action. If you search eBay, "Yong Heng filters," about halfway down page, you'll see the copper-colored coalescing filter from my picture for $149. Scroll thru the diagrams which explain how the coalescing filter works, then compare to the Tuxing. The cotton-filled cylinder would trap moisture, but I wouldn't consider it on par with the coalescing filter. WM

Awesome, thanks! I just ordered one of the copper filters. I also already have one of those gold Tuxing filters that is filled with cotton. Is it OK to use that downstream of the copper-colored coalescing filter, or should I really get one these? FWIW I live in a low humidity part of the county.

Awesome, thanks! I just ordered one of the copper filters. I also already have one of those gold Tuxing filters that is filled with cotton. Is it OK to use that downstream of the copper-colored coalescing filter, or should I really get one these? FWIW I live in a low humidity part of the county.

Phil,
Nothing wrong with Amazon one, I prefer the M50 since it has burst disc protection. I'll include picture of Owner's Manual so you can see what it looks like. My system has the copper-colored coalescing and the M50 as well as two cotton-filled filters, one that came with Yong Heng (Black) and one leftover from my hand pump days (Blue). I included cotton-filled filters since they weren't doing any good sitting in a drawer, they don't hurt anything, and offer some filtration. Black YH filter used to get soaked before I added copper-colored one, clean and dry since. WM
IMG_20221022_234748.jpg

Reactions: Phil.Probe
Phil,
Nothing wrong with Amazon one, I prefer the M50 since it has burst disc protection. I'll include picture of Owner's Manual so you can see what it looks like. My system has the copper-colored coalescing and the M50 as well as two cotton-filled filters, one that came with Yong Heng (Black) and one leftover from my hand pump days (Blue). I included cotton-filled filters since they weren't doing any good sitting in a drawer, they don't hurt anything, and offer some filtration. Black YH filter used to get soaked before I added copper-colored one, clean and dry since. WMView attachment 342539
Order placed. Thanks so much for your help!!!

Reactions: WorriedMan
OK with that in mind, would this unit from tuxing be a good option? Anyone know if it comes with the necessary hardware to connect to foster fittings.

Appologies to bfloyd for kind of hi-jacking this thread! Hope this info is of use to you also.
No worries amigo, the more info we can get the better!

I agree with WM and others on using the bronzish-colored coalescing unit, inline before final desiccant filters. My only comment would be in the picture of the blue filter above, the carbon portion of the filter tube is wasted space. The carbon is only useful to improve the quality of breathing air, which is irrelevant in our world. I have a similar but copper-colored Tuxing labeled cylinder that's loaded with molecular sieve.

Reactions: Camaro454
I agree with WM and others on using the bronzish-colored coalescing unit, inline before final desiccant filters. My only comment would be in the picture of the blue filter above, the carbon portion of the filter tube is wasted space. The carbon is only useful to improve the quality of breathing air, which is irrelevant in our world. I have a similar but copper-colored Tuxing labeled cylinder that's loaded with molecular sieve.
TN,
Absolutely correct, activated charcoal isn't any benefit, 100% molecular sieve is best. WM

Trying to get 1st hand impressions, experience with these filters before i spend that kind of money.

I am using a YH compressor set up with the Big gold filter now.

Thanks in advance
I cannot say whether it is worth it or not, but I run one and haven't had any issues with water in my airguns or tanks. I'm paranoid and a belt and suspenders kind of a guy (your pants will never fall down) so I also started running the copper/orange colored coalescing filter in series. The coalescing filter is now the only area in the system that bleeds off water as I never have any moisture come out of my JB Alpha Filter.

The value to me is insuring that $$$ invested in a collection of air rifles doesn't get trashed by moisture getting inside and corroding them.

-PJ