Joe B. $400.00 Filter, Worth the Money?

There was a time when he offere a smaller version of that filter, I believe it was called the carrette filter, anyway yong heng hotrod shop did a video of it with JB. There was a $50 off coupon, made the smaller version $250ish.

I bought 1, works as it should, very heavy duty. Has moisture absorbing media and carbon inside. I’ve changed the moisture media a couple times even though it showed no signs of % of the water.

There was a time when he offere a smaller version of that filter, I believe it was called the carrette filter, anyway yong heng hotrod shop did a video of it with JB. There was a $50 off coupon, made the smaller version $250ish.

I bought 1, works as it should, very heavy duty. Has moisture absorbing media and carbon inside. I’ve changed the moisture media a couple times even though it showed no signs of % of the water.
Thank You for the info, I'll look up that video.
I did see the smaller version on the site, just didn't know if would be the same as the bigger version?

Link to the 2 filters

bfloyd,
I've seen the video and agree both filters appear well designed and quality, however, IMO, you've already purchased the long gold filter why not just purchase a $125 coalescing water filter on eBay, seeing that the coalescing part is all you lack? The copper-colored coalescing filter in my set-up uses baffles to channel heavier water/oil molecules to bottom, for venting, while allowing dryer, cleaner air out top. WM
IMG_20220226_110144.jpg

bfloyd,
I've seen the video and agree both filters appear well designed and quality, however, IMO, you've already purchased the long gold filter why not just purchase a $125 coalescing water filter on eBay, seeing that the coalescing part is all you lack? The copper-colored coalescing filter in my set-up uses baffles to channel heavier water/oil molecules to bottom, for venting, while allowing dryer, cleaner air out top. WMView attachment 341901

The copper color coalescing filter on the left in worried man’s photo is the way to go. I use the same one on my yong heng setup and it works extremely well. I have a few extra filters downstream from it and have not found the slightest trace of anything in them. That coalescing filter is awesome, I highly recommend it.

1679334024841.jpeg

bfloyd,
Should mention the JB system has an included Pressure Maintaining Valve (PMV) which may prove helpful by allowing filters to maintain pressure, thus avoiding compressors having to re-pressurize after shut-down. Biohazardman, a most knowledgeable member on Yong Hengs, never considered the PMV as essential and often argued against. None on my system but those with newer, lower-geared compressors, that fill slower, may find a need for one. WM

Thank You for the info / feedback guys.

I do have the Tuxing / New Warrior Big filter with the 3 different media filter cartridge now and i am getting a small amount of water in my 6.8L tank even with routine cartridge replacement.

I live in Conroe Texas, average humidity is 70% and above, most days, and i am at sea-level so moisture in the atmosphere is a real bitch..

I have the same problem as the OP. Can't bring myself to spend $400 on a filter.

That nuvair looks interesting. I don't see a moisture drain on it... it is meant to be used in conjunction with a coalescing filter? Any idea if it's rated to 4,500 psi - website doesn't say.

It is rated to 4500 It uses the same filter cartridge as the mch 6 Coltri air compressor. Suppose to be grade E breathing air. When I ordered mine the phone rang almost immediately and they wanted to know what connections I wanted on it. And I am using it in conjunction with a coalescing tower

Thanks, that is helpful info.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does Joe's filter perform the job of both a coalescing filter and the secondary filtration of something like the nuvair?

Thanks, that is helpful info.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does Joe's filter perform the job of both a coalescing filter and the secondary filtration of something like the nuvair?
Not a stupid question, at all. From viewing a JB video, my impression is that filtration and coalescing are being completed in one unit, however, IMO, separate full-size filtration and coalescing units are more effective, and less expensive. WM

Not a stupid question, at all. From viewing a JB video, my impression is that filtration and coalescing are being completed in one unit, however, IMO, separate full-size filtration and coalescing units are more effective, and less expensive. WM

OK with that in mind, would this unit from tuxing be a good option? Anyone know if it comes with the necessary hardware to connect to foster fittings.

Appologies to bfloyd for kind of hi-jacking this thread! Hope this info is of use to you also.