Jim Chapman's Field Review of the Umarex Notos!

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States

Screen Shot 2023-02-28 at 11.55.56 AM.png

The Notos is available HERE & NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
Read the review, nicely written and the Notos is looking good. These mini carbines are such a sweet, light form factor. So easy to manipulate and deploy. And capable at sub 50 yards on most small critters. ”A lot can get done, with a little gun”.
Thanks! The mini/sub/ultra compact guns seem to be a segment that is getting a lot of development interest. I like these designs a lot, so guess there is a bit of a bias when reviewing.

Reactions: L.Leon
Thanks! The mini/sub/ultra compact guns seem to be a segment that is getting a lot of development interest. I like these designs a lot, so guess there is a bit of a bias when reviewing.
They have undeniable attributes, lost on those who get into airguns to shoot slugs at 200+ yards.

I bought an Umarex Notos from Pyramyd Air a week ago. It's surprising how fast they sold out. I probably didn't need another air gun, but I was really drawn to this one. I can say that I'm not disappointed. I really like it and I will make it my goto gun for quick grab and go dispatch. It's super lightweight and seems to shoot fairly accurate (only tested it up to 25 yards). The trigger could be a little smoother, but for the price, I can't complaint. I hope the aftermarket offers a folding stock for it (at the right price, of course). Also, it only comes with one 7-shot magazine, but CARM offers a 12-shot mag for $24.27, before shipping.

Reactions: L.Leon
trigger is quick and easy to fix.

the 2 stage trigger on the notos can be made very acceptable.

screw in the screw in the trigger till the first stage wont reset on its own (with the gun cocked)
(if you take the screw out and smooth the sharp tip a bit it will help,but is optional)

then back it out about a quarter turn,
that will make it a nice light first stage,
with a clean break on the second stage.

if you want to go even deeper,
a lighter weight spring in the trigger helps it also.

and only takes a few min to replace.

carm mags are awesome,
have 1 for it and ill be ordering another for sure.

Last edited: