Jet 1 and 2

A minor warning on the Hatsan jets. Their foster fitting is not standard. The tank I use to fill my air arms, gauntlet and Maximus does not fit the jet. So right now I’m not able to fill it. I am ordering a supplemental foster fitting to screw onto the back of the female foster fitting they have provided.
I had the same issue

some 400 grit sanding and alittle filing allowed it to fit. I figure itll work in from there....

I’m enjoying my Jet 1, I’ve added a laser sight, Red-Dot, Buckrail Suppressor, (with a $6 1/2” UNF to 1/2” UNF adapter - not $39.99!) and discovered that the small dinky 6 shot magazine can be replaced with the Hatsan Roto Index Magazine - .25 Caliber - 10 Shot. The 10 shot mag is aluminum and requires the small o-ring on the cover to be removed to fit. It’s no FX but it is light and fun to shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle
I’m enjoying my Jet 1, I’ve added a laser sight, Red-Dot, Buckrail Suppressor, (with a $6 1/2” UNF to 1/2” UNF adapter - not $39.99!) and discovered that the small dinky 6 shot magazine can be replaced with the Hatsan Roto Index Magazine - .25 Caliber - 10 Shot. The 10 shot mag is aluminum and requires the small o-ring on the cover to be removed to fit. It’s no FX but it is light and fun to shoot.
Did you get the $6 dollar adaptor from Buck ?

Bad accuracy with a hatsan is no surprise. I'm sure they cherry picked good shooters to send to reviewers. Regular buyers get to play the lottery.
Must have been my only lotto win. My 22 shoots exceptionally well. I bought it on a lark in my never ending quest for a lightweight carbine. I've been carrying my Prod bullpup on long walks instead of a Leshiy 2, dropping another pound was intriguing. I haven't been this pleasantly surprised with a budget airgun since Tim McMurray insisted that I purchase his last IZH46M 26 years ago. I'll never forget Tim's close "If you don't buy it you're going to regret it."

Caveats, the Foster fitting's funky and adding a Tatsu shifted POI almost three inches to the right at 13 yards.... Borrow your wife's emory board, stuff a little kleenex in your ears and deal with it.

At three pounds it punches like a Sheridan. Pull the stock off, toss a can in the air, pop it and then make it dance like an IZH46M would. And, we're talking ammo money for the purchase price. I'm closing with Tim's close.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I bought a jet one about a week ago, have put about 60 pallets through it so far with no problem. Really light, fun to shoot. The little magazines are the only drawback, Can only hold six pellets so you're reloading your magazines quite a lot.

Supposedly Hatsan Flash/Hydra/Vectis magazines are a good fit and they have more capacity.

I just got a Jet2 in .25. This gun has a bark to it. I have a Tanto on order so that should help. I wish I knew that the gun came with the adapter but oh well. Found a spot for it in the junk drawer.

junk drawer.jpg

Reactions: BoogeyMan62
I just got a Jet2 in .25. This gun has a bark to it. I have a Tanto on order so that should help. I wish I knew that the gun came with the adapter but oh well. Found a spot for it in the junk drawer.

View attachment 335059

Hardly looks like a junk drawer ! Drawer of badassey more like it …..

Looks like Hatsan landed hard with their pistol carbine Entry. Unlike the long awaited Umarex Notos.

It will need a supressor so the adaptor for it is the only thing making me hesitate

Check eBay for best prices and this place below

View attachment 313928

Umarex totally dropped the ball in my opinion. Hatsan delivered and at an extremely attractive price.

Jet 1 looks absolutely bad as s !!
I just got one. The gun will lose air once line is bled. I shot it a few times at around 200 bar and the Donny FL Tanto does nothing for the sound.

I haven't. Just based off my ears. Any idea on why it loses air after fill up?
I'm in no way a Hatsan defender but I do own a bunch of them. I even received a brand new broken gun that wasn't put together right when they sent it back so I got to do my first repair job, lol. OK, mine has held 200 bars going on three days now so I know it isn't leaking. The tube is so small and heats up so fast that I could see a pressure drop reading just from it cooling down. I guess at some point if yours wont hold air then it's either a product return or a project to spray soapy water on to find the leak. Repairing a brand new gun isn't what I bought any gun for.

I'm in no way a Hatsan defender but I do own a bunch of them. I even received a brand new broken gun that wasn't put together right when they sent it back so I got to do my first repair job, lol. OK, mine has held 200 bars going on three days now so I know it isn't leaking. The tube is so small and heats up so fast that I could see a pressure drop reading just from it cooling down. I guess at some point if yours wont hold air then it's either a product return or a project to spray soapy water on to find the leak. Repairing a brand new gun isn't what I bought any gun for.
I am guessing valve not sealing. I will take the tube off and check the valve.

When I first shot my Jet I knew that it was a loud gun. By watching vids of guys shooting with a dec meter I figured that the jet is close to if not over 100 dB. I also figured from those vids that all we can expect from a modulator at best is a 10dB reduction. If the jet comes in a 100dB and the Tanto only drops it to 90dB then yes, it is still a loud ass gun. In a way dB are exponential. For each 3 dB increase, the allowed exposure is halved. So, if you work in a nightclub where amplified music produces 100 dB(A) near your ears, the allowed exposure is 15 minutes. There is a limit for impulse noise like firearms or tools that use explosive shots. (e.g. 140 dB peak should not be exceeded at any time during the day.) There are many documents providing advice on how to reduce noise exposure at the source (ie turn the music level down), between the source and the ear (ie move away from the loudspeakers at a concert) and at the ear (ie wear ear plugs or industrial hearing protectors).

I'm learning too much for a guy that just wanted to shoot a paper target using a pellet.

Reactions: Perle