Jet 1 and 2

Is that to say they are more effective than donnyfl at lower power, or maybe just equivalent?

I have one on my Kral NP-03 and it makes it very, very quiet. I purchased that after owning 2 Donnys. While I do like the Donnys, the Buckrail is lighter, way cheaper, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one in the future for anything short of a serious big bore.

Unfortunately I'm not able to do a side-by-side comparison on the same air rifle with the equipment I own. My Donnys are used on 30 cals and the NP-03 is a .25

Here is a size comparison of 5 moderators.

Left to right:

1) Donny FL Tanto
2) Buck rail
3) 8 baffle long moderator
4) Medium length moderator
5) Donny FL Sumo

All have 1/2"x20 threads. The one I use on my Jets is the large 8 baffle and it works great.

IMG_20230426_114942_8.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a size comparison of 5 moderators.

Left to right:

1) Donny FL Tanto
2) Buck rail
3) 8 baffle long moderator
4) Medium length moderator
5) Donny FL Sumo

All have 1/2"x20 threads. The one I use on my Jets is the large 8 baffle and it works great.

View attachment 351471
I run the tanto on my jet2 .25 cal, and it does cut some dB off, but it's nowhere near the alleged "backyard shooter" claims my neighbors. ...but for a hundred bucks I guess that's what to expect.
How does the 8 baffle long perform, n where might I be able to pick one up for a decent price to try it out?

Here is a pic of two of my Jets with the longer moderator on them. It is definitely quieter than the Tanto and the Buck Rail in my opinion. I live in a residential neighborhood and shoot all of my .22 .177 and .25 Jets all over my house. I have a pigeon problem, so the smaller Jets allow me more concealment. I don't want to be walking around my house with one of my other huge PCP rifles.

I had to cut the dovetail adapter mount to fit magazines on the bottom .177. The top .22 Jet is set-up for single shot since the scope is so low.

I can probably sell you one to try out.

IMG_20230427_131539_7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SN1663R
A minor warning on the Hatsan jets. Their foster fitting is not standard. The tank I use to fill my air arms, gauntlet and Maximus does not fit the jet. So right now I’m not able to fill it. I am ordering a supplemental foster fitting to screw onto the back of the female foster fitting they have provided.
Hatsan's fittings are garbage. Haven't had one last for more than one filling. Bought a generic male fill valve on Amazon for$8 and have not had a single issue with my Jet2 since.

Here is a pic of two of my Jets with the longer moderator on them. It is definitely quieter than the Tanto and the Buck Rail in my opinion. I live in a residential neighborhood and shoot all of my .22 .177 and .25 Jets all over my house. I have a pigeon problem, so the smaller Jets allow me more concealment. I don't want to be walking around my house with one of my other huge PCP rifles.

I had to cut the dovetail adapter mount to fit magazines on the bottom .177. The top .22 Jet is set-up for single shot since the scope is so low.

I can probably sell you one to try out.

View attachment 351722
What would you want for a .25 cal version of your moderator? I'm definitely interested. Maybe a .177 version too.
Don't think I can pm currently, but can Gmail me at sn1663r@...

I would still like to know where to get a Reximex Mito?

I have a dozen Jets and not one of them have had a problem with the fittings.
I have one, a Jet 2. 2022 vintage. The fitting is garbage, it is difficult to connect fully, it leaks. Just ordered an $8- generic from Amazon. Keep in mind. Hatsan probably pays less then 80 cents for that part, so this is a major upgrade!