• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

Jerked around on the classifies!

I hear ya. Ive had that happen multiple times as well. I also get the "is it available?" Or "would you take xxx?" When selling things.

Then I respond, see that they're online still, and then they log off and don't respond for a bit, just to ask if it's still available later.

Chit or get off the pot!

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
You know what really pisses me off ?

......This guy has a Huben pistol .25 for sale I PM him last week, No answer

so I waited and PM him again this week, same result

c'mon man that is so week, have the decency to respond even if it's only "SOLD"

that kind of stuff really gets to me.
I know exactly who you are talking about, I did the same with the same result.

• Haha
Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Guess what ?....he just replied to my PMs :ROFLMAO:

Youtubers :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I got the same thing…

So just so we’re clear
He originally price gouged at $1400+ when they sell for $1250
Then lowers the price to the asking price of them @$1250
Then after getting PMs decides not to sell it?

Aaaaand unsubscribe

Couldn't help it and left a comment on one of his You tube videos :ROFLMAO:
Hopefully he doesn't get all in his feelz like most of these new age babies, and report you for bullying or harassment. I get banned on YT comments all the time for... practically nothing 🤣

Getting sick of it. The classifieds need new rules.
1st- Don't talk a guy down on price and not take it.
2nd- Asking where to send $$ several times and not send it.
3rd- Don't say you will "Take it" and not pay.
Its getting to the point where I am about to yank all my stuff off here and never come back. I have been selling and buying stuff on here for years and it has changed for the worst. Quit wasting my time!
Seems classifieds are mostly "tire kickers" that enjoy asking stupid questions, wanting more pics etc, with no intention of buying anything!

Seems classifieds are mostly "tire kickers" that enjoy asking stupid questions, wanting more pics etc, with no intention of buying anything!
I don't understand why that is a problem for you, or anyone else. You've never gone window shopping with no intent to buy? Do you think everyone who goes into a car dealership buys the car they test drive?

It's about customer service. You want the customer to feel special. If they don't buy the one particular item you are selling, who cares. They may be the person who will buy the next item you post. But if you trash talk them just for inquiring then you've not only lost a customer but potentially risked further sales with others. Just remember it can take up to 20 good interactions to make up for one bad.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Most sellers in the classifieds are not dealers, high volume sellers, or YT influencer wannabe's selling items they got free for their "unbiased" review. We're just average Joe's selling items at a 25-50% loss on items we have purchased for the full retail price. Yes, I may go into a car dealer to confirm what I've already researched. Generally if one is interested in an item, they have or should have some knowledge of the item, otherwise, how do they know they are even interested in it? Dealers always make money. When I'm losing half of my money, I'm not too concerned about "customer service" although my feedback shows my word is good. If someone buying an item needs "customer service" they should go to a dealer and buy it new like I did and they hopefully will receive "customer service"-and they will pay for it.

Here's what I do. I place an ad with what I feel are good pictures, and an honest description. If there is an unclear area, I will provide additional pictures of that specific area of interest, upon request. My ad will have the payment methods I accept and where I will ship. If an item is purchased and paid for, I almost always ship the same or the next day. If I were not able to do so, I would make that clear upfront and state when I can ship. I also offer the buyer to have me contact him/her when I can ship, and allow them to pay at that time. When payment is received, I confirm that I have received it. Things can and do go wrong in the online world. If a payment is sent by PP F&F, I expect the buyer to provide a shipping address, as PP assumes that if you are sending money to a friend, that you already have their address, and does not provide it. When I ship, I send a tracking # and hope for positive feedback. Not sure how much more I need to do. If I can't sell an item at the price I put it up for, I take it to my local donation center.

I did that recently for a 15# scope testing fixture I had for sale. A buyer contacted me to buy it at my price, but it had been up for a while before he saw the ad and I told him the name of the local thrift store so he could call and see if they still had it and would ship it. If the item is not what I consider "donate-able", I just post the item in the classifieds and give it away, including paying shipping.

Last edited:
Jammin, I hear ya. I’ve experienced every scenario you’ve mentioned. Typically anything I post for sale is “taking a beating priced”. I try to price so it’s desireable to the buyer. But sometimes it’s an item that’s not highly in demand or is useable by a very small buyers group and I’ll do what I have to so it gets sold or decide to keep it. As mentioned, it’s just in some folks DNA to get a lower price than posted. Oh well.
Craigslist is the absolute worst place to sell anything. One time I had some suitcase sized Pelican cases on Craigslist for a very good price. Some clown offered me nearly half of what I was asking. Ridiculous. He emailed back a few days later with an offer a couple dollars more. He pissed me off. I told him they went to the local landfill that morning because I wanted them out of the garage and dealing with his lowball offer wasn’t worth my time. He calls me from the landfill and was looking for them. 😂😂 He said the guy at the gate doesn’t remember seeing the cases. They were still in my garage and a few days later sold at my asking price to someone else that saw what a deal they were. 😂😂🤣
👍🏻👍🏻

Classifieds is a place to wear thick skin and a poker face. I've only had one issue. I mailed a product and the guy claims it never arrived. I didn't mail it with tracking because it wasn't that expensive.

In person sales can be weird too. I sold some game cameras on another forum to a guy about 1.5 hrs away. He insisted we meet. I said he could even pay me after the mailman delivers. He just wanted to.chit chat. Fine but I'm not selling to make new friends. Awkward

Jammin, I hear ya. I’ve experienced every scenario you’ve mentioned. Typically anything I post for sale is “taking a beating priced”. I try to price so it’s desireable to the buyer. But sometimes it’s an item that’s not highly in demand or is useable by a very small buyers group and I’ll do what I have to so it gets sold or decide to keep it. As mentioned, it’s just in some folks DNA to get a lower price than posted. Oh well.
Craigslist is the absolute worst place to sell anything. One time I had some suitcase sized Pelican cases on Craigslist for a very good price. Some clown offered me nearly half of what I was asking. Ridiculous. He emailed back a few days later with an offer a couple dollars more. He pissed me off. I told him they went to the local landfill that morning because I wanted them out of the garage and dealing with his lowball offer wasn’t worth my time. He calls me from the landfill and was looking for them. 😂😂 He said the guy at the gate doesn’t remember seeing the cases. They were still in my garage and a few days later sold at my asking price to someone else that saw what a deal they were. 😂😂🤣
Funny…..

I've only had good experiences except one thing pissed me off recently. I sold a scope to some dude in Puerto Rico, and by the way I paid more than I would otherwise to ship it and ate the cost. He got the scope and everything was fine, no complaints.

But I didn't realize that because I didn't log in to AGN for a week or so... while my laptop crashed and I was setting up a new one... this moran gave me a zero star feedback for "taking too long to reply". What an entitled little piece of work! I didn't see that he gave me the feedback and I sent him the scope anyway.

I told him to undo his zero star after I noticed and apparently all he could do was leave a comment on his original rating and say everything turned out fine. But who does that in the first place? This isn't WalMart... if somebody has to call out sick for a few days [or whatever the reason may be... not everyone is attached to the internet 24/7 either] we don't have someone filling in for us!

You should not even be able to leave feedback on marketplace without a confirmed and finalized transaction IMO. Shouldn't be a necessary feature but we have morans roaming among us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scroooface
I've only had good experiences except one thing pissed me off recently. I sold a scope to some dude in Puerto Rico, and by the way I paid more than I would otherwise to ship it and ate the cost. He got the scope and everything was fine, no complaints.

But I didn't realize that because I didn't log in to AGN for a week or so... while my laptop crashed and I was setting up a new one... this moran gave me a zero star feedback for "taking too long to reply". What an entitled little piece of work! I didn't see that he gave me the feedback and I sent him the scope anyway.

I told him to undo his zero star after I noticed and apparently all he could do was leave a comment on his original rating and say everything turned out fine. But who does that in the first place? This isn't WalMart... if somebody has to call out sick for a few days [or whatever the reason may be... not everyone is attached to the internet 24/7 either] we don't have someone filling in for us!

You should not even be able to leave feedback on marketplace without a confirmed and finalized transaction IMO. Shouldn't be a necessary feature but we have morans roaming among us.
A moderator can remove incorrect or malicious feedback.

Reactions: Scroooface