• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Javelin slugs

I shoot an impact mk2, .22 reg at 100 and power wheel at 4. It shoots JSB KNOCKOUTS at 930 accuracy is really good. I tried the Javelins and I can’t remember the weight, but it was close and they would not shoot a good group which I couldn’t understand because both H&N and NSA group good. I don’t shoot paper much as I am a pester, so my definition of good is consistently hitting a starling at 75 to 100 yards which it will do if it isn’t too windy. I stick to just knockouts at 25.39 grain. Oh and I shoot a 700 mm slug A liner with a carbon fiber sleeve. 

Reactions: JohanG
Air-Hunter Gerhard also have a number of video's. Lately he has been shooting other slugs like H&N and the locally made Inferno slugs in comparison to the javelin slugs.

I am shooting Javelin .217 23 gr from my Impact Mk2 at about 930 fps. Very accurate. I also like the JSB Knockouts and they appear from the barrel at 915 fps, and a bit more accurate than the Javelins.

20221103_203008.jpg

I was going to ask the same about the new generation 2 40gr to see if they live up to the hype. But did not find much available in the states.
20221103_203825.jpg

I had some decent luck with the 36 gr 218 H&N last week out to 300 yards as well and thought I give their 40 gr a try too. I ended up getting some of both in 217.

Time will tell.

Allen

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
20221107_094418.jpg

Ok So I had some time to go to the range today I was afraid that it would rain toward the afternoon.
20221107_094404.jpg

But surprisingly it did not rain at all the whole time I was down there! I think others thought the same so there was maybe 5 people there the whole day. I shot the 40 gr 217 H&N 40gr as well as the 40gr javelin gen 2 in 217.

The javelins shot great at 200 yards and I assume the bc was higher because the POI was also higher. Although javelins did better at 200 it seemed the H&N did better at 300 yards? Dunno how that was possible but that's what I noticed.

I will have to measure but the 40 gr H&N 217 was larger than the 217 javelins. I could feel the resistance in the H&N going into the breach but not the javelin 217. To the point I thought I may have not had a slug in there!

The javelins are definitely longer than the H&N s. I already have a deeper magazine for the H&Ns but the javelins touch the magazine enough to prevent rotation of the mag. Elis has a new updated version that should work. I noticed the javelins did not seem as well finished as they seem to have something like a casting flash at the cup.

I ran into some car starting issues so I cut my day short so I could work on it. Luckily it was no big deal.

20221107_120035.jpg

I did not do 2 separate chronograph charts for each type of slug. When I first started I cranked up the speed from the starting. The average was about 1014 fps. Maybe a little bit too much. I should have tried some other speeds. Two odd dip and spike was from a double load thinking I did not have a slug in there when I did. And a spike up from when I forgot to turn on my bottle (I think?!) And I got a jump in presure.

Anyways interesting day with the two 40 gr. Slugs. I ended firing off both tins completely.

Allen

Last edited:
Boy this is weird so I decided to go out and get my mic in the car. I opened a tube of the javelins that seem small and felt like they fell into the barrel measured .217xx i opened a fresh tin of the h&n they measured .216xx Makes me wish I did not use up both tins at the range and measured them beforehand.
20221107_195505.jpg

Javelins left H&N right

20221107_195356.jpg

Allen

Last edited: