• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Results January 7, 2024: Tar Heels at Twin Cities FT practice

WEATHER DEPENDING there will be an FT practice at Twin Cities Rifle Club Sunday, Jan 7, 2024. If you're interested be sure to check here for cancellation. If the weather is crummy we'll move to a different date. We had wonderful weather in December so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

9 am sight in, Match Fee $15. A 15 lane 60 shot course will be ready. The plan may change but we'll do some sight-in, shoot the course, and then stick around for a while to re-shoot any lanes that might be beneficial to you. Feel free to bring a rangefinder on the course if you need to see how you're getting along with your scope
734 Jack Swamp Rd., Pleasant Hill, NC 27866

Google Maps directions directly to the club address don't work. You can either:

A. Put 754 Jack Swamp Rd. in your phone (That's the house right next to the club driveway)
OR

Google Maps Direction Link

B. Click on the Link Above
Click on the Red teardrop on the map, A box should pop up
Click on the Red "Find Directions" Diamond ( upper right box)
Enter your starting point
The only marking on the club driveway is a small plackard ( maybe 3 1/2" x 8") that is engraved with "734". It's on a tree trunk on the right side of the long driveway.
Tar Heel Airgun Club @ Twin Cities Rifle Club

Last edited:
MATCH Report

Sunday Jan 7.

Temps low 40's, overcast, no rain

Effective crosswind 2-4 mph, highly variable direction

Two shooters, myself and SimonO

An earlier storm fouled the lanes with branches causing a start delay. We shot for about 3 hours, knocking off at 2 pm without finishing the course. Total shots 44.

The winds were brutal. I shot 30/44. I made some great shots and muffed some "easy" ones. Winds were changing in speed and direction constantly. I had several shots where the winds were moving between 5 and 7 or 11 and 1 o"clock and they were forceful enough that I needed to shoot with a 3 mph 9 o'clock hold. Winds were often moving differently downrange and that was hard to pick up.

This was one of the most fun shooting days I've had in a long time. Simon has been shooting FT about a year. Since we were both shooting 12 fpe with 8.4's I started blabbing about what I knew about wind shooting. Next thing we were laughing about all sorts of stuff. Simon was making some amazing shots. He shot 17/44, besting his previous best of 13/60 by a wide margin, especially in that wind. That on a VERY difficult 35.93 T course.

I think it proves that a.)we all shoot better when we're having fun, & b.) I'm a great wind shooting coach! LMAO

IMG 1618
K